Fractal Talk

Learn Ken Jennings GIF by ABC Network

Not sure what a small, US based company is supposed to do. Seems like they've been pretty transparent with how they handle their business and their customers. With all of the chip shortages, being a smaller player must be tough compared to Yamaha and Roland.

Compare Fractal's wait list/promised features history compared to Neural. I think Cliff and company have been pretty above board with how they've handled it. I'm sure they would love to be able to ship more product than they have. JMO.

How much is, sayyyy... a used DSL100 in guns and god country?

It's not about the used prices. The issue is that new Marshall amps cost double the UK price in the US and Canada. And that's even accounting for the 20% tax included in UK prices.

Not sure what a small, US based company is supposed to do. Seems like they've been pretty transparent with how they handle their business and their customers. With all of the chip shortages, being a smaller player must be tough compared to Yamaha and Roland.

Compare Fractal's wait list/promised features history compared to Neural. I think Cliff and company have been pretty above board with how they've handled it. I'm sure they would love to be able to ship more product than they have. JMO.
Ohhh absolutely. It wasn't a dig at all. Just the way it is, and the economics of the situation. No-one likes leaving money on the table. Believe it or not, even huge multi-conglomorate evil corporations are having the same problems!! It's easing up a little now.

@Orvillain

Marshall 2203 Andertons: £1699 inc 20% VAT.

£1699 minus 20% VAT = £1416

GBP £1416 = USD $1,830.75 at today's FX rate.

Sweetwater 2203 price in USD before tax:

$3,549.99

Even allowing for price hedging for FX rates and other costs of doing business in a different region: We are being ripped off.

Last edited:
That's ok by me. We'll keep the Mesas here, and they can keep the Marshalls, with their valves. :rofl

It's funny you should mention that. I _did_ buy a Mesa from Andertons when I was living in the UK and it was more expensive than the US / Canada price. Not double though!

So I've been screwed in both countries FFS :hmm

Glad we have the Friedman amps in North America too though!

Last edited:
It's funny you should mention that. I _did_ buy a Mesa from Andertons when I was living in the UK and it was more expensive. Not double though!

So I've been screwed in both countries FFS :hmm
Yeah, Mesas are generally more expensive, which I used to think was because they generally had more features, very reliable, and a 5-year, transferable warranty. Some of which no longer exist.

Yeah, this is a nothing burger on a slow news day. Apparently. :idk

:beer

@Orvillain

$3,549.99

Even allowing for price hedging for FX rates and other costs of doing business in a different region: We are being ripped off.

Holy Spiderwoman's Piss Flaps!!

Yeah, that be expensive.

@Orvillain

$3,549.99

Holy shit. I genuinely thought mesa pricing in the UK was similar to Marshall pricing in the US, however, I just had a look at the Badlander 100

Peach guitars UK - £2359 inc 20% vat
Minus vat - £1887.20
In $ - $2440.43

Sweet water - $2799 before tax

So yeah you guys are getting royally fucked with Marshall prices and I won't complain about the price of mesa over here again... Well not today anyway.

Peach guitars UK - £2359 inc 20% vat
Minus vat - £1887.20

Minus 20% VAT would be more like £1966 ?

(2359 * (1 / 1.2))

So USD $2,542?

Still, your point stands! Mesa not so bad after all. It used to be a little worse in the UK but something has changed, it seems. Perhaps Peach is selling stock that they received months ago before recent price increases?

Last edited:
Minus 20% VAT would be more like £1966.

(2359 * (1 / 1.2))

So USD $2,542?

Still, your point stands! Mesa not so bad after all. It used to be a little worse in the UK but something has changed, it seems.

You sir would be correct and I'm clearly an idiot. :facepalm

Something is certainly askew … I was just recently in Europe, and food cost me half the price of the United States… And those were quite a few of “for the tourist” prices.

Back