Fractal Talk

YOU said the other day you were buying one!

Wait.....didn't you even say you ordered one?!?!
that-wasnt-me-that-was.gif

i think you are making fun of me somehow
Naw dawg you do a bang up job of it yourself, I'm seriously trying to relate to waiting for what one wants, but at the same time I have a Helix Floor and HX Stomp to keep my feet wet and happy in the meantime.

I've been eyeing it for years yet procrastinating on FAS gear for my own (some silly, some sensible) reasons.
form is good
I don't want to buy a floor processor again and the current gen rackmounts are a little too big for something I'd want. Unfortunately rack gear seems to be on the downward trend so I may be waiting on my goldilocks form factor forever.
so wish people would cuit telling me to buy for the hec of it with my money
I think people see you standing near the deep end of the hot tub with your trunks and floaty arms on but have yet to jump in, and we're all either waiting for it to happen or for you to put your shirt on

Metaphorically speaking.

I bounce between a handful of high gain presets I've tweaked. Play one for a day or 2, switch to another when I want something a bit different.

But I've been using 1 lately, and every time I turn it on, it just sounds so damn good, I've been hanging with it for several days. So last night I decided to check and see which amp it was, and to my surprise, it's a FAS Brootalz, not a JPIIC! Sounds epic with a 2290 Delay!

I cut the lows in the Input EQ, but that's about it other than GBMTP to taste.

Based on what Cliff and team have done so far, I think they could make a huge mark in the future of amp modeling with their own creations! One of the things I love about FAS products is the nearly infinite control you have over these pieces down to a component level. My fav amp right now is the FAS Buttery. Above we see the accolades of the FAS Brootalz! I think they should run with this a bit stronger and start developing the amps of the future that both simplify AND expand what a modeled amp can do!! I am very happy I am on the Fractal band wagon and it is the best piece of music equipment (along with my PRSi) I have ever purchased!!!

I bounce between a handful of high gain presets I've tweaked. Play one for a day or 2, switch to another when I want something a bit different.

But I've been using 1 lately, and every time I turn it on, it just sounds so damn good, I've been hanging with it for several days. So last night I decided to check and see which amp it was, and to my surprise, it's a FAS Brootalz, not a JPIIC! Sounds epic with a 2290 Delay!

I cut the lows in the Input EQ, but that's about it other than GBMTP to taste.

I've recently landed on the JMP-45 and Plexi models. Through studio monitors they were a bit too bright for me, but through a Friedman ASC-12 they're just about perfect as is. I've been seriously considering investing in a pair of ASC-10s, and this latest revelation isn't helping that impulse at all.

Back