Fractal Talk

I like the Texas Star Clean and 59 Bassguy Bright... But now I'm gonna try the Tucana!

I've always wanted to enjoy a Texas Star Clean patch, but I had problems dialling that amp in - always way too much bottom end.

Is there a trick to dialling in that amp, or did I simply give up too soon? What cab do you use with it?

I've always wanted to enjoy a Texas Star Clean patch, but I had problems dialling that amp in - always way too much bottom end.

Is there a trick to dialling in that amp, or did I simply give up too soon? What cab do you use with it?
Turn the bass way down... I think I have it on 1.

I also have an AC RC Boost it front (of both) that cuts a little bass before the amp.

Last edited:
Turn the bass way down... I think I have it on 1.

I also have an AC Boost it front (of both) that cuts a little bass before the amp.

Hmmm... I went pretty low with the bass, but probably stopped short of 1 (this was a couple of months ago).

I suppose it's a classic case of dialling in with the eyes and not the ears!

Thanks for the pointers.

Hmmm... I went pretty low with the bass, but probably stopped short of 1 (this was a couple of months ago).

I suppose it's a classic case of dialling in with the eyes and not the ears!

Thanks for the pointers.
No worries... Also, it's the RC Boost, not AC.

Most Mesas you have to dial the bass way back as Unix said
Exception to that rule is the Triple Crown because it has a built in low cut tube screamer circuit with the tight switch , I am talking about the real amp not Fractal , but the Fractal you can simulate it by turning the input boost on set to screamer

I use the 2x12 Texas Star Dyna-Cab, like the real amp. Start with the Condenser mic alone and see where that gets you.

While the amp has a lot of low end, you might want to also want to check whether your room has some bass modes that cause a boost at low frequencies.

I have the bass on the Texas Star models at something like 2-4 depending on the guitar and sound (clean vs OD). This is for playing through studio monitors at relatively low volumes tho.

depends ...DO you need a new car?
what-huh.gif

Back