Fractal Talk

:rofl :rofl :rofl

I wanted to roll my own 6CA7 Jose as @State of Epicicity mentioned on the previous page. I set it up in the 2nd Scene of an existing preset, I just picked the 6CA7, Friedman GB DynaCab then went about tweaking the reverb and started noodling for 10-15 minutes, this is in the order this went-

Noodling-

I'm thinking it's a little bassy so I went to go tweak the amp block and realized-
View attachment 12968

I hadn't even touched it yet.

Then I think, "Did I touch the mic yet?"

View attachment 12969

Good thing I'm a Chief Engineer or I'd never be able to dial one of these things in. :rofl

I had the exact same damn thing happened to me recently… 🤔

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

Holy shit that's intense!

How much coffee did you drink today, Drew?

:rofl :rofl :rofl

I wanted to roll my own 6CA7 Jose as @State of Epicicity mentioned on the previous page. I set it up in the 2nd Scene of an existing preset, I just picked the 6CA7, Friedman GB DynaCab then went about tweaking the reverb and started noodling for 10-15 minutes, this is in the order this went-

Noodling-

I'm thinking it's a little bassy so I went to go tweak the amp block and realized-
View attachment 12968

I hadn't even touched it yet.

Then I think, "Did I touch the mic yet?"

View attachment 12969

Good thing I'm a Chief Engineer or I'd never be able to dial one of these things in to get a good sound out of it. :rofl

well fak me and my gas

christian bale smiling GIF

After about 4 minutes of tweaking I ended up with this, which I'd have to have a reason/need to tweak any further for a specific need. It's just noodling while switching pickups and fucking with the volume knob. Also of note, these are vintage-voiced single coils in this Strat, they are not hot pickups by any means. I used the Ideal Saturation Switch and didn't touch anything else in the Pre-Amp menu, just the Tone and Cab.

Screen Shot 2023-10-28 at 6.44.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-10-28 at 6.44.44 PM.png

After about 4 minutes of tweaking I ended up with this, which I'd have to have a reason/need to tweak any further for a specific need. It's just noodling while switching pickups and fucking with the volume knob. Also of note, these are vintage-voiced single coils in this Strat, they are not hot pickups by any means. I used the Ideal Saturation Switch and didn't touch anything else in the Pre-Amp menu, just the Tone and Cab.

View attachment 12971
View attachment 12972

Sounds awesome Drew, as always, was this worthy of a pick toss move?

:LOL:

I don't think I've ever dug into it much before, I'm always playing with the 100-watt Plexi's and never really think to go to the 50 watters. But that's the fun of a billion amp models, it's been 5 years and I'm still finding amps I love.

That's half the fun. If you're ever bored you can just pull up an amp model you've never spent time with and give it a go. The value in the box is just immense.

I've been trying to run with just the Plexi model at rehearsals like this. No drive pedals. Just my volume knob. It's very hard for me to break my drive pedal and amp channel habits.

Is that just the heart of the beauty of it though? No matter what you're used to doing in the real world, you can almost certainly recreate it in the Fractalverse. And if you feel like changing your M.O., you can recreate just about any other real world approach too. It's made me reconsider so many of my former approaches to tone, truly.

Is that just the heart of the beauty of it though? No matter what you're used to doing in the real world, you can almost certainly recreate it in the Fractalverse. And if you feel like changing your M.O., you can recreate just about any other real world approach too. It's made me reconsider so many of my former approaches to tone, truly.
Oh, it's not for lack of recreation. It's entirely possible and works just like IRL. It's just so different from how I'm used to running. I wanted to mix it up big time from what I usually do -- challenge the norms and all that.

Back