Fractal Talk

Is series or parallel routing better for getting laid with hot models?!

Are you kidding?......parallel all the way!........
laugh.gif

You plebs, while you were all talking about MIDI commands I was banging hot models all weekend. You guys could probably bang hot models too if you stopped worrying about Fractal all weekend. Hot models are the most fun even if they cost me a lot of money because I like to hang out with hot models. I’m not sure if I’ll have time to post here as much because I’m spending a lot of time with hot models even though I retired at 30 and only work 6 hours from home, hot models take up a lot of your time.

That thread managed to hit the trifecta of amusing, sad, and disturbing all at the same time. I was conflicted.

It boggles the mind that MIDI 2.0 is so slow, given that 1.0 was introduced in 1979! We should be at the point where we control synthesizers with neural implants by this point, but instead, for most devices, we're stuck at 7 bits.

Lot's of devices support 14 bit values split via msb and lsb CC's.

Just got an old Novation controller that is so old the accompanying software and drivers no longer work. It supports 14 bit values.

Of course it's just a MIDI 1.0 convention that some (synth) devices started using.

Midi adoption (1.0 and now 2.0) has always been a third tier feature in the guitar world. For 2.0 to catch on, you need a critical mass of devices and controllers to support it and then maybe the guitar focused devices will need to support it. It's a classic, two-sided b network, chicken or egg sort of thing. Nobody wants to invest in building a feature that won't have any use until a hundred plus other devices support it.

Is the Hot Kitty broken?

I’m gearing up for a production of Seussical and figured I have to use the Bad Cat for a show with the Cat in the Hat in it!

So I flip to the model and it sounds terrible, nothing like it should.

I pulled up the desktop editor and realized the bright switch now defaults to “off” on that model. Flipped it on and everything sounded like it should again. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Is the Hot Kitty broken?

I’m gearing up for a production of Seussical and figured I have to use the Bad Cat for a show with the Cat in the Hat in it!

I pulled up the desktop editor and realized the bright switch now defaults to “off” on that model. Flipped it on and everything sounded like it should again. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

@FractalAudio

Is the Hot Kitty broken?

Weird, just tested, and it sounds like normal in default to me, and the bright switch just makes a subtle difference. Sounds like a glitch :p

Off for me too.

Weird, I can’t remember but I don’t think it used to default to off?

It doesn’t sound right to me off. It sounds flat and doesn’t have any of the top end quality I expect to hear in a Bad Cat

Well alls I can say is that my FM9 Delivers in spades, it has become such a joy and Inspiration to play through
I spend a lot more time playing because it sounds so damn good, once dialed in to what I'm looking for
and really its that simple, ive learnt enough on what does what and its really simple and effortless to build a good sounding patch, add to that Dynacabs and life just got a whole lot better

Fractal FM9 .jpg

:chef

Last edited:
Well alls I can say is that my FM9 Delivers in spades, it has become such a joy and Inspiration to play through
I spend a lot more time playing because it sounds so damn good, once dialed in to what I'm looking for
and really its that simple, ive learnt enough on what does what and its really simple and effortless to build a good sound patch add to that Dynacabs and life just got a whole lot better

View attachment 10503

:chef
Looks way too clean in there Stone! :grin

Back