Fractal Talk

Block library is it. You can save the entire block or just a channel's worth of settings to the block library.

There's no on-device "my defaults for this block" capabilities.

To make all channels on a block the same there's a copy-channel function you can use. Channel copying is available from the editor or from the front panel of the device. From the device go to the Layout view and then page all the way to the right to get to the last page in the Layout view. From there, rotate the main knob until you see "Copy Channel" and then use knobs D and E to set the "from" and "to" channel and hit enter to make it so.
Do you know if that has been wished for? The concept of saving a block as is as the default for that block in the future. It would be a nice feature IMO!!

Block library is it. You can save the entire block or just a channel's worth of settings to the block library.

There's no on-device "my defaults for this block" capabilities.

To make all channels on a block the same there's a copy-channel function you can use. Channel copying is available from the editor or from the front panel of the device. From the device go to the Layout view and then page all the way to the right to get to the last page in the Layout view. From there, rotate the main knob until you see "Copy Channel" and then use knobs D and E to set the "from" and "to" channel and hit enter to make it so.

Yeah I’m talking about being able to save defaults where any time you drop a block on the grid it automatically loads the “default” for that block type.

I guess I can save a fully configured block to a block library as a workaround, just adds another click working in edit.

This for sure should be added to the feature request list.

Yes, use the Pedal 1 jack ;)
The factory presets should all be setup to use External Controller 1 for wah block control which makes switching to a pedal on an FC easy. You don't have to edit every preset.

Just go to Setup > MIDI/Remote. Page over to the External tab, arrow down to External Controller 1 and set it FC 1 Pedal 1 (or whatever you need it to be) and you're done.

(CC @Whizzinby )

The factory presets should all be setup to use External Controller 1 for wah block control which makes switching to a pedal on an FC easy. You don't have to edit every preset.

Just go to Setup > MIDI/Remote. Page over to the External tab, arrow down to External Controller 1 and set it FC 1 Pedal 1 (or whatever you need it to be) and you're done.

(CC @Whizzinby )
Hmmm... For some reason I was thinking Pedal 1. But External 1 is the smart choice and I know you've worked on factory preset updates, so I'm sure you're correct :)

(CC @Whizzinby )

Yep. This worked. 🤜

Fooling around with 27 today, I finally got around to configuring the whammy block from that Cooper vid. With great power comes great responsibility, because having the whammy available pretty much guarantees you never want to do anything productive ever. :ROFLMAO:

Channel 9 Reaction GIF by LEGO Masters Australia

Thats what she said

Precisely why there’s Whammy pedal nonsense in almost every single song I write! There’s a wah and whammy active on every preset I make and the second I come up empty on what to do next, they get stepped on! :rofl

Precisely why there’s Whammy pedal nonsense in almost every single song I write! There’s a wah and whammy active on every preset I make and the second I come up empty on what to do next, they get stepped on! :rofl

I do the same with air guitar. As soon as I run out of inspiration I'm straight on the air whammy, I also occasionally break out the air theremin if I'm feeling dangerous.

I searched for great greenback irs since 2020.

My quest is over now that I’ve found solodallas irs.
If you like me are a marshall/plexi guy they are a must to have.

I made a mix in cab with 4 mics including some room and that’s so great.

Here’s an AC/DC back in black I recorded quickly when we bought my first pack.
Quickly choose a single ir, made 2 tones (59slp and jtm45) real quick and hit record on this backing track with made with Moises

I posted more here

I also posted screenshots of my mixes and cuts.

I’m just so happy yo don’t have to deal with irs anymore lol.

similarly for my ACDC stuff I also use Solodallas. I find the 1979 pack to be their most mid forward selection though.
It's a Blackback though. (which is what they used) Their u87, u67 and u47 mics are top notch and bring more of a full sound.
With the SD packs there are major differences within their packs. Not many IRs but most are usable.

1726159045971.png

Edit:
I think I am reigning champion of wasting time on trying impulses (well over 2 million at this point) and it's pretty difficult to recommend any GBs in particular as needs are often different.
Having said that my main Marshall preset is using:

OH 412 MAR-CB M75-PR
OH 412 EDVH M25-PR
OH 412 GNR M75 EVOLUTION

Goes to show you that things really haven't changed for me.

Last edited:
Just took some time to upgrade my fm3 and spend some time rebuilding a 59slp preset.

Man, those dynamics are just unbelievable for a modeler....
the "blabla dynamics blabla" problem does not exist anymore lol. And that comes from a guy who have mainly played single channel amp for 20 years.

Same scene, just volume and pickup change.

I just love that box!!!

Just took some time to upgrade my fm3 and spend some time rebuilding a 59slp preset.

Man, those dynamics are just unbelievable for a modeler....
the "blabla dynamics blabla" problem does not exist anymore lol. And that comes from a guy who have mainly played single channel amp for 20 years.

Same scene, just volume and pickup change.

I just love that box!!!

Pretty sure I said it last year, but the more time goes on, the more content I am with just some kind of Marshall, a boost and a volume knob. (Of course, all my bullshit delay/reverb after as well)

Back