Fractal Talk

As for tuner, unless working in edit I just always use the always-on one from the screen. It’s awesome and always seems to fluctuate the least imo. Every modeler should have an always-on imo. Makes it so convenient to tune quickly without having to engage a full blown tuner. The new one in Edit is good. Much better display and seem to fluctuate less. For a while I was just looking back over to the always-on one from the device screen.

Anyone have a great Greenback/Blackback based IR? :idk

Recommendations??

Caveat: If you don't love/adore classic 70's Greenie with Marshall tones,
then please refrain from replying. Automatic disqualification. :LOL:

I have some go to IRs, but am honing in on a few tones, and rather than go
through the IR Roulette Wheel Of Death I thought I would ask.

Thanks! :banana
I searched for great greenback irs since 2020.

My quest is over now that I’ve found solodallas irs.
If you like me are a marshall/plexi guy they are a must to have.

I made a mix in cab with 4 mics including some room and that’s so great.

Here’s an AC/DC back in black I recorded quickly when we bought my first pack.
Quickly choose a single ir, made 2 tones (59slp and jtm45) real quick and hit record on this backing track with made with Moises

I posted more here

I also posted screenshots of my mixes and cuts.

I’m just so happy yo don’t have to deal with irs anymore lol.

As for tuner, unless working in edit I just always use the always-on one from the screen. It’s awesome and always seems to fluctuate the least imo. Every modeler should have an always-on imo. Makes it so convenient to tune quickly without having to engage a full blown tuner. The new one in Edit is good. Much better display and seem to fluctuate less. For a while I was just looking back over to the always-on one from the device screen.

Yep, I’ve kept my AxeFX where it is just because of the tuner and the always-on/pretty much on every page during menu scrolling is a major bonus.

Same thing with the FM9, I was on the couch the other night and was able to tune up without getting my fatass off the couch to turn the tuner on.

I searched for great greenback irs since 2020.

My quest is over now that I’ve found solodallas irs.
If you like me are a marshall/plexi guy they are a must to have.

I made a mix in cab with 4 mics including some room and that’s so great.

Here’s an AC/DC back in black I recorded quickly when we bought my first pack.
Quickly choose a single ir, made 2 tones (59slp and jtm45) real quick and hit record on this backing track with made with Moises

I posted more here

I also posted screenshots of my mixes and cuts.

I’m just so happy yo don’t have to deal with irs anymore lol.

Thanks! :beer

Do you recall which bundle?? :idk

1726080707249.png

Looks like $92 gets you all their IRs (394 apparently) and there's a sample pack download that's free. IRs are a niche in a niche in a niche, for sure. Hard to make a living there.

The MI itself is such a tiny slice of the consumer electronics industry as it is (Remember Samsung buying Harmon and immediately killing Digitech?) that once you get down to the level of profiles/presets/IRs you’re most likely interacting with 80% of your customer base on the forums (whether you realize it or not).

Fooling around with 27 today, I finally got around to configuring the whammy block from that Cooper vid. With great power comes great responsibility, because having the whammy available pretty much guarantees you never want to do anything productive ever. :ROFLMAO:

Channel 9 Reaction GIF by LEGO Masters Australia

Thats what she said
Set it for +2 steps and try using it for subtle bends on notes and chords while you're playing. Less overbearing than the usual +12 steps setting so you can use the effect more frequently. -2 steps is also cool.

IIRC Vai does +3 steps quite often as it works well in both major and minor keys.

Set it for +2 steps and try using it for subtle bends on notes and chords while you're playing. Less overbearing than the usual +12 steps setting so you can use the effect more frequently. -2 steps is also cool.

IIRC Vai does +3 steps quite often as it works well in both major and minor keys.

Yeah, that is kinda slick too. 👍

Im sounding like a Short-Bus Tom Morello ripoff 🤘

How can you save the block defaults? I’d like the amp block (or any block for that matter) to open with the same set of amps loaded in each of the four channels, already dialed in. I’ll be damned if I can’t find the option. (Other than saving a block library, but I want to save the block defaults)

Last edited:
How can you save the block defaults? I’d like the amp block (or my block for that matter) to open with the same set of amps loaded in each of the four channels, already dialed in. I’ll be damned if I can’t find the option. (Other than saving a block library, but I want to save the block defaults)
I'm thinking the only way to save a block all set up the way you want it is the block library. Seems like I remember seeing somebody post lately that there is a way to access those from the front panel.....but I might have dreamed that........
biggrin.gif

How can you save the block defaults? I’d like the amp block (or my block for that matter) to open with the same set of amps loaded in each of the four channels, already dialed in. I’ll be damned if I can’t find the option. (Other than saving a block library, but I want to save the block defaults)
Block library is it. You can save the entire block or just a channel's worth of settings to the block library.

There's no on-device "my defaults for this block" capabilities.

To make all channels on a block the same there's a copy-channel function you can use. Channel copying is available from the editor or from the front panel of the device. From the device go to the Layout view and then page all the way to the right to get to the last page in the Layout view. From there, rotate the main knob until you see "Copy Channel" and then use knobs D and E to set the "from" and "to" channel and hit enter to make it so.

Back