Fractal Talk

what's the difference between hard reset and soft reset and which one should I use if I update from public beta
Footswitch 1 and 3 are for the resets. Just need to press down hard or soft for either reset style. It's a bit tricky you need to press footswitch 1 first and then footswitch 3. Also if you press too hard or soft it doesnt register... just give it a few tries and you'll see it updating.

Not that it's hard to do, but the amount of fucking times I've had to respond "Refresh After New Firmware" has been wearing me down...

You know you have the option not to respond, right? I try to help people with their questions on the forums when I can, but some times I just pass on by because I don’t feel like taking the time. Someone else usually steps up. On the rare occasion that I come back to find that no one else has offered help then I will respond.

Last edited:
Kinda nuts.
Fractal's main office is about 15 minutes from where I lived in MA.

1725028511112.png

Strandberg's US office is about 45 mins from where I live now and Taylor guitars is even closer.
Anyone got a brand within an hours drive from home?

Last edited:
I used to work in Salem, NH,

Methuen, MA, 1960-1997

Use to drive across the border into Salem all the time to save sales tax, and back then MA still had blue laws.

The state liquor store on Rt. 28 in Salem would have crazy lines every Sunday from MA people!
NH marts and markets could only sell beer and wine. But those were extra busy Sundays too.

:LOL: :guiness:guiness:guiness

Last edited:
I've been in bands with probably 6 people who've worked at PRS, and 1 who worked at both.

My old bass player was friends with a guy at PRS, who headed up Artist Relations, so he had many guitars he was responsible for. They'd get lent to guys on tour that had an appearance on late-night TV show, that sort of thing.

At that time, I'd just learned that PRS was now making my dream guitar, the best of a LP Custom, with the playability of a PRS- the Singlecut. And I had been drooling over that guitar for months!

One day he shows up for rehearsal with a brand new PRS case, and I'm like, What's that? "Open it. It's for you!"

It's a 10-top, Burgundy Tiger Eye SC!! I got to use it for a MONTH!!

Back