Fractal Talk

Fractal eventually releases a doubler; release notes/post have statement about how the problem with doublers, and why Fractal hasn't had one before, is that its really hard to get the quarks and neutrinos to phase align with proper polarity during the first pico second of attack, making them sound too slow and mushy, but that at 3:31am GMT Cliff awoke with a realization about some math that could solve the problem and so now its implemented. There will be a graph. I will get excited, try it, get giddy and swear it sounds amazing, and that now that I've heard this doubler, I actually get doublers and why some people want to use them. 4.3 days later I'll get bored and go back to my old preset. 5.1 days later I'll try the doubler again, shrug, and think "actually, I'm not sure any of these things sound any different?"

I kid, I kid...

The Blues Driver is a badass pedal.

Doublers are meh.

Displaying the Type on foot switches is awesome.

To Do List GIF by UQ Sport

I still say these "scraping the bottom" requests are outliers. The real goods and needs required to be creative,
and or redundant and repetitive, are already present and accounted for. :idk

The big things I want most tend to revolve around me and my skill, choices, willingness, and stamina.

Or lack thereof. :LOL:

I still say these "scraping the bottom" requests are outliers. The real goods and needs required to be creative,
and or redundant and repetitive, are already present and accounted for. :idk

The big things I want most tend to revolve around me and my skill, choices, willingness, and stamina.

Or lack thereof. :LOL:
I mean, if all one wants is the tools required to be creative, there's a Zoom GMAQOUDA81IREXPEALIDOTIOUS pedal thread kicking around here somewhere...

The funny part is the box has been out in the wild for 6.5 years and is currently on it's 25th firmware revision....

Man, that's a lot of kvetching. Probably too much to count, or recount. Poor Cliff. :hugitout

:lol
Totally grok the value of requests and wishlisting. :beer

Pretty sure one of our treasured Forum Members here @TSJMajesty set the record for the time
it took for a wish to become reality when Cliff implemented his request. Great story!

Great story!
That was pretty cool. Especially when Cliff, in reply to another question/wish, said, "Well his wishes make sense," or something to that effect. Maybe I bookmarked it.... :unsure:

Edit: I did.

Cliff, in response to Dave saying, "Dang, @TSJMajesty . It's like you have a direct line to Cliff or something."

Cliff goes, "I monitor the Wish Lists constantly. TSJMajesty just happens to wish for stuff that are good ideas. A lot of other wishes elicit eye rolls."

HAHA!! :grin:grin:chef

That was pretty cool. Especially when Cliff, in reply to another question/wish, said something, "Well his wishes make sense," or something to that effect. Maybe I bookmarked it.... :unsure:
You have always been an abject espouser of sense. No surprise here. Must be the MD'ness :unsure:

On a side note ... Ive never used any overdrives or distortion pedals ever in any modeler - I've always tuned-in the amp and then used a Clean EQ / Filter Boost as needed.

The other day I saw, I think its called " Blue OD " [not at my FM3] and thought .... I wonder what it sounds like - tried it.

Holy sh%tballs .. why have I never heard of this pedal .... I checked the wiki and its apparently (?) a Marshall Bluesbreaker (?) or something like that .... so maybe I had not never bother to try it because I assumed it was a MIAB type tone.

I was %100 wrong.

As a rock-n-roll and rock player, this pedal can do everything and it boosts my amp in an even nicer way than the EQ/Filter boosts I was using - its just absolutely f$cking amazing at every setting I tried.

P.S.A :) .... try it if you haven't already.

Ben

Doublers are what people think they want, Stereo Quad Detune is what they really want.
I'll have to try that. Maybe I might make a video of this kind of thing, comparing a Mimiq to Quad Detune, Enhancer block, Cooper Carter's trick and other stuff. Although that kind of video has been done to death already, hasn't it?

Back