Fractal Talk

I can't think of anything more pathetic than trying to look younger than you are. Accept it. Own it. That's a lot cooler than being in your '60s and wearing leather jackets and sunglasses or something
Man, this will be totally me in 20 years or so. Not because I want to look younger, but because I like my leather jackets and sunglasses. At least I'll likely have nice, thick silver hair like my dad.

So… about that new firmware?

IMG_0341.gif

So back to the firmware
after playing with it on the FM9 for about a week I have to say it , Cygnus X3 is outstanding
Case in point tonite I am playing the Splawn Quick Rod and although its a bit dry and harder to play than some Marshall the clarity and harmonics are just outstanding , so just to get it to have a bit more give , I went in the B+ and futzed with that , just like the Spawn B+ mods do , upped the Sag slightly and all of a sudden , the feel is much softer , add a boost in front to get rid of some of the dryness and boom great tone
literally 5 mins .
I would like to say that I got to try a bunch of other amps but the truth is I did not , I am finding there factory preset are so good now as a base point a couple of tweaks and its right there , and this is not just one amp , I am finding this across the board , I can spend hours just on one models , they are fun to play dynamics , clarity pick attack , Sustain , , its all there , I don't gush about firmware but this one might be the best one that I recall or at least in a while because its so inspiring

So back to the firmware
after playing with it on the FM9 for about a week I have to say it , Cygnus X3 is outstanding
Case in point tonite I am playing the Splawn Quick Rod and although its a bit dry and harder to play than some Marshall the clarity and harmonics are just outstanding , so just to get it to have a bit more give , I went in the B+ and futzed with that , just like the Spawn B+ mods do , upped the Sag slightly and all of a sudden , the feel is much softer , add a boost in front to get rid of some of the dryness and boom great tone
literally 5 mins .
I would like to say that I got to try a bunch of other amps but the truth is I did not , I am finding there factory preset are so good now as a base point a couple of tweaks and its right there , and this is not just one amp , I am finding this across the board , I can spend hours just on one models , they are fun to play dynamics , clarity pick attack , Sustain , , its all there , I don't gush about firmware but this one might be the best one that I recall or at least in a while because its so inspiring
Do give the Nitro models a whirls, too. I feel like it is very similar to the Quick Rod, but if a QR is like a 800 meets 5150, then the Nitro is like a 800 meets Dual Rectifier. (Maybe it's the KT88s in the Nitro?)

Back