Fractal Talk

Updated.

Granted I haven’t fired it up for a month, but…..

Kristen Wiig Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

It slaps.

He started by basically making videos where he just reads Fractal firmware update notes and then plays something. When he started posting those on TOP, I remember telling him something like "We can all read. Don't parrot fw update notes in your videos and figure out how to make better content instead."
Imagine being known for your ability to read firmware release notes, rather than your riffs.
Fair statements, but to a degree, that type of video can serve a purpose.

Look at the number of forum posts asking questions that are answered IN the release notes. There's a target audience!

First thing is that most users aren't forum members. A lot of them rely on Axe-Edit telling them there's a new version and then they just install it.

Second thing is that those who are often seem averse to reading and/comprehension.

I wonder if this guy wakes up and thinks I could not post a video and show everyone I’m an idiot but nah
That’s 90% of YouTube content.
Doug seems to be a « kind and nice » guy , there’s a lot of people like him in the guitar niche on YouTube. And some are successful lol.
The problem is not Doug’s content, it’s his lack of confidence and his « boomer that don’t wanna look old » attitude.

YouTube is full of assholes saying bullshit BUT they have followers because they act like they really know lol.

I can't think of anything more pathetic than trying to look younger than you are. Accept it. Own it. That's a lot cooler than being in your '60s and wearing leather jackets and sunglasses or something

A close second to that is being young and bashing on others simply for their age, which seems to be the hot new trend at The Other Place. But I guess if you have no redeeming qualities of your own that’s about all you have to work with…

A close second to that is being young and bashing on others simply for their age, which seems to be the hot new trend at The Other Place. But I guess if you have no redeeming qualities of your own that’s about all you have to work with…
I think that's a double-edged sword. There's always older people bashing younger people for not being born in the same decade as them (" kids today don't know what real music is like" ect.) and yeah, absolutely younger people will gang up on their parents generations.

However, I'm a firm believer that every generation has also done many, many excruciatingly stupid things that are fully deserving of the harshest ridicule imaginable. That kind of thing could be its own thread but I'm of the opinion that if you are not willing and able to criticize your own generation for something, then you are not to be taken seriously.

I think that's a double-edged sword. There's always older people bashing younger people for not being born in the same decade as them (" kids today don't know what real music is like" ect.) and yeah, absolutely younger people will gang up on their parents generations.

However, I'm a firm believer that every generation has also done many, many excruciatingly stupid things that are fully deserving of the harshest ridicule imaginable. That kind of thing could be its own thread but I'm of the opinion that if you are not willing and able to criticize your own generation for something, then you are not to be taken seriously.

Ridiculing somebody for stupid behavior is not only acceptable, but strongly encouraged. But this whole “OK, Boomer” thing has been done to death. And I’m not even a Boomer, I’m just tired of the entitled little bitches picking on the geriatrics.

Back