Fractal Talk

Speaking of Fractal anyone ever use the Loadbox US or UK SiC?
Oh my what Toanz one can get when exploring the Fractalverse

Speaking of Fractal anyone ever use the Loadbox US or UK SiC?
Oh my what Toanz one can get when exploring the Fractalverse
yep I started using the UK after a York audio thread , just turn off the thump speaker drive

or simply switch to a different brand of DSPs or directly to ARM processors. It's happening all over the industry and I don't see the big deal, they are way more powerful, more power efficient and cheaper.

8llyln.jpg

Looks like once the Axe 3 firmware goes final, the FM3 and FM9 will get public betas with the new modelling. Axe 3 is on RC, so should be sooooon!!

Any particular reason why one would want to turn them off?
You can use them if you want but if you are using a load lbox with a real amp they would be flat and not adding additional coloration , I am just going by Leon Todd and Justin Yorks description it’s in Leon’s Latest vid
The UK curve really works w any amp that higher gain IMO

My AxeFX is on the current beta.

My FM9 is on whatever the last FW release was before the gapless switching beta. Have they done a FW for that beta yet?

And the kicker is, I’ve actually been using my FM9 more and really could have used the gapless switching, I was just too focused on plowing through song material to deal with updating/checking for updates……because the fucking thing works amazing as it is. :rofl
VW 6.0 has it and it is worth the time to upgrade. I skipped a few FW versions and I feel that 6 is a good step forward.

Back