Fractal Talk

I bought an FC-12 a couple of years ago when I was pretty sure I'd never I'd never leave the house again. Now that I'm about to audition for a band, I realize that this is kind of a big honking thing to carry around in addition to my rack, and a guitar, and a cab. I'm thinking about getting one of the FC-6 Mk IIs. Anybody else make the switch?
It is a lot to carry around but the FC6 is no slouch either lol

I bought an FC-12 a couple of years ago when I was pretty sure I'd never I'd never leave the house again. Now that I'm about to audition for a band, I realize that this is kind of a big honking thing to carry around in addition to my rack, and a guitar, and a cab. I'm thinking about getting one of the FC-6 Mk IIs. Anybody else make the switch?
It's interesting how perspectives change over time. Basically an Axe-FX and FC-12 can replace a Bradshaw size pedal board, a slew of back line amps and refrigerator sized racks from 15 years ago. But now it seems kind of too big. :rofl

Yeah, it's a beast.

It's interesting how perspectives change over time. Basically an Axe-FX and FC-12 can replace a Bradshaw size pedal board, a slew of back line amps and refrigerator sized racks from 15 years ago. But now it seems kind of too big. :rofl

Yeah, it's a beast.

Hahahahha I was thinking about this exact thing the other day, my old board was huge and heavy as hell, brought it to every gig without hesitation or second guessing anything. Go to build the FM9 board and I’m trying to find every possible centimeter to cut off, how I can space the expression pedals closer.

To be fair, this is probably a result of playing a few gigs with the damn pedalboard half off the stage. :rofl

Views gives you full access to 12 switches per layout on an fc6, you just need one extra footswitch press to toggle between Views.

As long as you don’t need single-footswitch press access to more than 6 functions you can do everything with an fc6 that you can do with an fc12

Yeah, it's a beast.
Oh, for sure. In the mid 90s I had a 4' long plywood pedalboard and a Hiwatt half stack. The pedalboard had a Mutron III, a Mutron Volume/Wah, a Mutron Octave Divider and a Phasor II. Those pedals combined probably weigh more than my rack does now. The other guitar player had an oversized 2x15 cab, and we were also hauling around a Fender Rhodes, a Minimoog and a Clavinet - plus an amp and cabinets for keyboards.

When I bought the FC-12, I had just come from having a gigantic analog pedalboard and assumed I'd need the same thing with the Axe-FX. Now that I'm looking at an actual set list, I realize that maybe I don't need 12 footswitches to sometimes turn on a delay.

Anyone else not loving the Revvs, I see a lot of posts and the actual amp sounds great in the Shawn Tubbs vids so likely I am doing something wrong but I find those models incredibly bright , the purple even more so .
There does not appear to be a lot of low end or low mids so in addition to bright they sound thin to my ears and the overdrive almost sounds like a pedal distortion , I try to get Shawn tubes tones but to no avail and it looks so easy from the dealing in vids he is barely moving the controls off noon . but every time I flip to my Bogner XTC Red preset , it seems huge and full in comparion

Anyone else not loving the Revvs, I see a lot of posts and the actual amp sounds great in the Shawn Tubbs vids so likely I am doing something wrong but I find those models incredibly bright , the purple even more so .
There does not appear to be a lot of low end or low mids so in addition to bright they sound thin to my ears and the overdrive almost sounds like a pedal distortion , I try to get Shawn tubes tones but to no avail and it looks so easy from the dealing in vids he is barely moving the controls off noon . but every time I flip to my Bogner XTC Red preset , it seems huge and full in comparion

Where is your master volume set?

I have no experience with this model or real Revv amps, but I have noticed over the years that Mr Tubbs can be a little "naughty" at times. And by that I mean that he often has his Cab isolated in another room, with the amp turned up super loud to get his tones! Or perhaps he's using the Two Notes output?

Where is your master volume set?

I have no experience with this model or real Revv amps, but I have noticed over the years that Mr Tubbs can be a little "naughty" at times. And by that I mean that he often has his Cab isolated in another room, with the amp turned up super loud to get his tones! Or perhaps he's using the Two Notes output?
he uses the two notes so it SHOULD be easy to get it a 57/royer121, my master is low actually maybe that's the issue was running it about 3.0

can anyone get close to this red channel ?

Not sure about the Generator, but I noticed that the SLO100 likes the master at 5 or above to sound the best IMO. Maybe that will help with the Revv also?

I’ve played around with them a couple times and intended on recording with one but when it came down to it, I just went back to the Mesa or Peavey presets. I just feel like the amp wants to be one or the other instead of a happy mix of both, it’s most certainly in the way I’m dialing it in but I can’t seem to bridge the gap between Dual Rec and 5150, I end up dialing in the sound of one or the other.

I don’t hate them but I don’t love them either, it’s a “meh” for me. Every sound I’ve found in them I think is done better by other models.

Revv seems like the new Egnater*. Lots of bells and whistles, really dull boring tones. I haven’t heard anything from any Revv product I thought was interesting.

*The Egnater from the 2000’s not the original Egnater

I really like them, and I'm surprised you're saying you cannot get much low end or low-mids from them. Can you post a clip of what you're getting, and some screenshots of your settings?

I don’t hate them but I don’t love them either, it’s a “meh” for me. Every sound I’ve found in them I think is done better by other models.

Revv seems like the new Egnater*. Lots of bells and whistles, really dull boring tones. I haven’t heard anything from any Revv product I thought was interesting.

*The Egnater from the 2000’s not the original Egnater
As someone who had (and liked) an Egnater Tourmaster, I can kinda understand what you are saying, but also consider it a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation.

"I want my amp to be as versatile as possible...but I also want it to have a unique sound to it!" Those two things can often be at odds.

To me the Revvs are fine, but not that interesting. They sound good out of the box (except the Green channel). People were really going hard in wanting these added to Fractal and now that they're there..few people are singing their praises as their go-to model. I feel a lot of these amp requests are "because that thing is new, all over YouTube and I want it!" rather than "because that thing brings something unique to the already vast collection of models."

The Egnater Tourmaster did have one of the best feature sets on an amp ever though. I got one in 2008 and really loved the "2x2 almost same channels" setup, and the per channel power scaling. It let you tailor the sound and feel to a high degree. Great master volume too, no need to crank it. Lots of good ideas that were not common back then.

I've got the Egnater Tourmaster 4x12 cab. I love it, it is my favourite cab.

I wanted the Revv models because they were my favourite ones on the Helix. Head and shoulders above everything else for my kind of tones on that platform. I wanted them in the Fractal so that I didn't have to chop and change gear as much. I mean... fat chance of that ever being solved right!?!

I genuinely don't understand the "boring" comments - I've seen quite a few people say that, but how are they any more boring than a stock 5150 really?

I think @GTR37 is either dialing them in wrong, or has some clipping going on in his signal chain that is causing the low-end to not be correct, because these Revv's have a lot of low end and are right next to the dual rectifier in terms of butt-punch.

I genuinely don't understand the "boring" comments - I've seen quite a few people say that, but how are they any more boring than a stock 5150 really?
That sort of sound is perhaps so common in metal stuff nowadays that it's not exactly exciting. Not that it has to be either.

On my system the Revvs sound pretty dry and tight, not Fryette dry/tight tho. But they are not overly bright or lacking in low end.

I'd quite like the Fryette Sig:X in the Fractal stuff, but that is mainly because I sold mine to buy a Dual Recto effectively, although I didn't know it at the time! The Sig:X has its own thing going on, but I used that amp for some many years and just got a bit bored of it. Would be nice to have though.

I'd quite like the Fryette Sig:X in the Fractal stuff, but that is mainly because I sold mine to buy a Dual Recto effectively, although I didn't know it at the time! The Sig:X has its own thing going on, but I used that amp for some many years and just got a bit bored of it. Would be nice to have though.
Yeah I think a Sig:X or Pitbull would add more to the Fractal than most amps. While the Deliverance is kinda in the same ballpark, it's not quite the same thing. I do think a big part of the sound of Fryettes is those Eminence P50Es or Fane speakers though.

As someone who had (and liked) an Egnater Tourmaster, I can kinda understand what you are saying, but also consider it a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation.

"I want my amp to be as versatile as possible...but I also want it to have a unique sound to it!" Those two things can often be at odds.

I don’t need my amp to have a unique sound; I want an amp that has lots of depth and dimension though. The features on those Egnaters always sounded great to me, but I was disappointed in the tones I heard every time I tried one. They just sounded flat and dull to me.

Versatility is subjective. I’ve played everything from ‘40s jazz to ‘80s metal to ‘00s indie with a simple AC30. That’s enough versatility for me

Bright switch is engaged at default settings. Turn it off.

I sort of see those flexible amps as a kind of alternative to using modellers for people who want to use real amps still. Usually they’ll have extra channels, modes, fx loops, quieter volumes etc which are all very simple for a modeller to do.

Back