Fractal Seamless Switching Update

I think it is more to do with loading the models onto the DSP than "memory" per se - Helix gapless preset switching requires you to sacrifice a DSP so that the new preset can be loaded on the "spare" DSP, whilst the old preset is still "playing".

I'm still hopeful that Line 6 will bring out at least amp model switching within a preset - I can't see any technical reason why they couldn't, because you can select a new amp model via HX Edit whilst playing and it is essentially seamless.

I only got to see a very quick clip from Leon's vid this morning before the day got away with me, it wasn't until his livestream tonight that I got to see it in use and I just downloaded it about 15 minutes ago; holy shit. That's pretty damn remarkable. I'm not one for the sycophant stuff with Cliff, but he deserves the accolades for this one.

I'm still hopeful that Line 6 will bring out at least amp model switching within a preset - I can't see any technical reason why they couldn't, because you can select a new amp model via HX Edit whilst playing and it is essentially seamless.
Yep, like scrolling through the amp list, the amps are loaded into the DSP instantly without any clicks/noise.
Line 6 really don't like routing chain changes though, IIRC it requires fundamental redesign of DSP allocation, so I don't think we will see any improvements in that area for current gen.

Line 6 really don't like routing chain changes though, IIRC it requires fundamental redesign of DSP allocation, so I don't think we will see any improvements in that area for current gen.
Whilst I agree that Line 6 aren't likely to do this, I don't think it would require drastic changes.

Consider a dual amp block, where only one amp is active at any one time.

You select two amp models to go into the block and the DSP allocation for the block would be set to the model with the highest DSP requirement.

Obviously this could be extended to more than two amps, but I think keeping it at two would be sufficient and make a lot of people happy, especially those with the HX Stomp.

This would be nice if can be implemented in the FM9 and also for FM3 Users
Cliff will do his best no doubt
Now Fenders only thing to tout will be well we have a TS and GUI with really nice Icons
and you dont need Cooper Carters class @2112 multiple videos to operate our TMP
:brick

Yep, like scrolling through the amp list, the amps are loaded into the DSP instantly without any clicks/noise.
James Are you thinking of Going Fractal ?? :LOL:

1696672795050.png

I may have read the manual today trying to figure out if I could get everything I want out of an FM9 and how I’d do it…. There are a few things bumming me out (can’t change multiple channels with a single footswitch, but so far I think I can make it work. Trying to make it work without adding an fc6, and due to the layout stuff I think I probably can.

D

I’m currently in the rabbit hole of “Les Pauls that aren’t made by Gibson” myself. Some of the lawsuit Ibanez models are pretty damn nice too. I have faith that I won’t have to play authentic after all.

I have owned several from a Custom that cost me 4k to a Studio and then a Future Tribute. The Gibson Les Paul is THE MOST overrated guitar in the history of the planet.

The new smoothing feature in the dyna cab is an absolute treat as well. It takes out the harshness in the midrange. So a little high and low end roll off and dial this up and now it's quite enjoyable.
This is the feature I would like for the FM3 - People have said it might be too intensive but Fractal continually surprise us by how much resource they can get out.

Back