Beast Mode!!

what-is-it-what-happened.gif

Is it my imagination, or are recto's way more usable with the new beta firmware???

It seems like it is caused by the clearer low end

"Improved Amp block output transformer algorithm. New algorithm more accurately models B-H curve resulting in a clearer low end."

And WTF is the BH-curve?
1665326463350.png

Ah! Of course!!
...poker face
:puppet

It seems like it is caused by the clearer low end

"Improved Amp block output transformer algorithm. New algorithm more accurately models B-H curve resulting in a clearer low end."

And WTF is the BH-curve?
View attachment 1300
Ah! Of course!!
...poker face
:puppet
I’m not an expert at all and without going down the rabbit hole, I think he’s basically even more accurately modeling the non-linear behavior of the transformer. The fact that Cliff is focused on this type of work at this point (not just “modeled a tube screamer circuit and call it good”) is just mind-boggling! o_O

F78B0EA5-317E-4996-9D58-293A023CCCBB.gif

I’m not an expert at all and without going down the rabbit hole, I think he’s basically even more accurately modeling the non-linear behavior of the transformer. The fact that Cliff is focused on this type of work at this point (not just “modeled a tube screamer circuit and call it good”) is just mind-boggling! o_O

View attachment 1304

1665330867840.png

Good to see they're improving the low end response. When I tried one I thought the low end sounded wrong and that's usually the giveaway for me in those blind comparisons on YouTube.

But maybe make a more specific title and ease up on the hero worship. The dude owns a company and is doing his job.
Nothing says that he has to do the continuous improvement thing. Imagine if all companies had owners that put in the effort to improve their products like Cliff does.

Really? Cliff was?

Yep. You can read about it in a (now locked) thread that Cliff started here:

That thread is also where I first saw @JiveTurkey mention this place; and so I immediately ran over here for a look and was delighted to discover this new home for the... uh... free-thinking. Fortuitous!

Last edited:
Really, I just want Cliff to sign up here under a pseudonym so he can speak as freely as he wants about other modeling companies. Though I assume by the 2nd or 3rd graph and posts that require a degree in electrical engineering and software development, we might catch on to who it is. :rofl

Back