Beast Mode!!

@GTR37 True dat.

But 6.0 will probably only contain the last round of updates ported from the Axe-Fx III over the last couple of months. The FM3 6 update has been in private beta testing for weeks already. So it's unlikely to contain today's AF3 improvements nexct week. We may not see today's Cygnus X-2 stuff before the end of 2022; there's only 11 weeks left until Christmas.

I can but hope that Cliff has slipped these extras in anyway; just seems less likely. 🙏

Thoughts?
Thoughts: buy a III if you get as middle-finger-hyped as these dudes do about being in the bleeding edge of marginal-modeling-accuracy gains.

Buy/keep an FM3 if you want a great sounding insane bang-for-the-buck modeling device and shut yer pie hole about the fact that a different, lower cost unit is on a different, usually slower, update schedule.

I'm waiting for the "no longer makes me want to throw it across the room after a long day when not using FM-Edit to reconfigure my switching scheme" update to come out.
That’s a hardware limitation at the moment hopefully AXE 4 will focus heavily on ease of use and on unit GUI improvements

That’s a hardware limitation at the moment hopefully AXE 4 will focus heavily on ease of use and on unit GUI improvements

We’ve wanted that since the Axe-FX standard, so I wouldn’t hold my breath…

D

On device switching is the final frontier of "what drives me nuts". Beyond that; golden.

On device switching is the final frontier of "what drives me nuts". Beyond that; golden.
I think it’s kind of a double edged sword

The switches do so much that it becomes very tricky ,is it a tap ,a double tap , a scroll , a hold
Momentary , control switch , layout link , it is almost is too flexible and in doing that becomes very complex and easy to become overwhelmed

@GTR37 True dat.

But 6.0 will probably only contain the last round of updates ported from the Axe-Fx III over the last couple of months. The FM3 6 update has been in private beta testing for weeks already. So it's unlikely to contain today's AF3 improvements nexct week. We may not see today's Cygnus X-2 stuff before the end of 2022; there's only 11 weeks left until Christmas.

I can but hope that Cliff has slipped these extras in anyway; just seems less likely. 🙏

Thoughts?
I think you will definitely get Cygnus 2 amp modelling , but I doubt it will be part of version 6, as it still in Beta .

Jack Jack Disney GIF

Cygnus 2

Thoughts: buy a III if you get as middle-finger-hyped as these dudes do about being in the bleeding edge of marginal-modeling-accuracy gains.

Buy/keep an FM3 if you want a great sounding insane bang-for-the-buck modeling device and shut yer pie hole about the fact that a different, lower cost unit is on a different, usually slower, update schedule.

Option three: enjoy my FM3 and keep my mouth open about the subpar development schedule.

Option three: enjoy my FM3 and keep my mouth open about the subpar development schedule.
You paid a grand for a device that will remain ahead of any device in it's price range likely for the next decade. When the development pre-launch so outpaces everything except your own device that costs 2x, I don't see how the development schedule can be considered sub-par.

You paid a grand for a device that will remain ahead of any device in it's price range likely for the next decade. When the development pre-launch so outpaces everything except your own device that costs 2x, I don't see how the development schedule can be considered sub-par.

It's kind of his thing. It's what he does. He even admits it. :LOL:

Back