Fractal Seamless Switching Update

I don't even have a Fractal and this is good stuff.
Bird Popcorn GIF

You will…

I played around with the beta and the preset and scene switching is indeed smooth. This is going to really open up the options. I love this update!
100% if they get this into the FM3 imagine that ? You could basically cycle through presets one for clean
Crunch , lead and use different amps if you wanted and engage the spillover for presets
That would be a game changer on a unit like the FM3 IMO

Yeah, I noticed that as well. I like the fact that most of the Fractal Audio users left in protest of the totally unjust with the banning of Cliff. I do believe that they have since reversed their ban, but it was egregious nonetheless.
In a backwards way I kind of respect how they stick to their insane banning practices even when they're cutting off their nose to spite their face.

Totally off topic, but I just realized while watching this-

…that Leon’s been rocking a Greco this whole time and I thought it was a Gibson. Is that an ebony fingerboard on that, @2112? I know there’s a few of them out there with ebony boards but they’re rarer than a flawless Gibson. I went down a Reverb rabbit hole earlier this week with some 70’s Greco’s that are really fucking tempting at the prices they sell for!

I had that guitar refretted and plek'd a few years ago and the tech mentioned the board is actually Ebonite, which is a resin? Rips hard regardless.

I had that guitar refretted and plek'd a few years ago and the tech mentioned the board is actually Ebonite, which is a resin? Rips hard regardless.

Those 4 ADAs in the background… This man is a Hero. Had to go to your channel and watch those. So juicy!

I had one here for a few months and ran it into the Return of my DSL100H. Pretty much a perfect power amp for that thing with a Resonance and Presence.

Input jack was a little whacked out on the ADA but wow, what a preamp. Profiled and made a Tonex Cap of it, thing captured like a champ! It’s a buddy‘s and I had to give it back. :cry: Loved that thing!

Those 4 ADAs in the background… This man is a Hero. Had to go to your channel and watch those. So juicy!

I had one here for a few months and ran it into the Return of my DSL100H. Pretty much a perfect power amp for that thing with a Resonance and Presence.

Input jack was a little whacked out on the ADA but wow, what a preamp. Profiled and made a Tonex Cap of it, thing captured like a champ! It’s a buddy‘s and I had to give it back. :cry: Loved that thing!

They're a vibe hey. One is a stock AU power model, one is a stock US power and one is a 3 tube mod which sounds amazing. The other is an MP-2 that's a bit borked.

Orville, Greco, Tokai, Ibanez, Edwards, 5 options that’ll put a quality guitar in your hands without stupid vintage pricing over a brand name. I saw some 70’s Greco’s in amazing condition, fret nibs and all, $700.
Truth, and don’t sleep on the Korean Grecos from the 90’s. I have one, and I’d put it up against any LP I’ve ever played.
The long discontinued Epiphone Elitists were nice.

For a more modern take, I like the ESP/LTD EC-1000 DUNCAN model. I've tried a couple as a test guitar for trying amps and whatnot and really liked 'em.
I LOVE my EC-1000T, it’s my #1.

How would you guys describe the sound and/or feel of the update so far, with the new triode stuff? I haven't noticed much difference if at all but each firmware update going back to the Utra days usually has people saying "highs are smoother and the bass is tighter". :rofl

How would you guys describe the sound and/or feel of the update so far, with the new triode stuff? I haven't noticed much difference if at all but each firmware update going back to the Utra days usually has people saying "highs are smoother and the bass is tighter". :rofl
I don't notice a difference lol

Couldn't tell ya. But I think I hear a difference for the better. But since I don't have 2 units, I can't be sure.

Or it could be confirmation bias.

Or it could simply be a little different, which makes me think it's better. Kind of like, when I've been playing a preset for a while, and switch to a different one that has the same 'type' of tone, and just because it's new to my ears, it seems to sound better.

Or I could be full of :poop:

Seems better but it could be the smoothing n the cab block

Man, no news on the other place about this update. Not that it matters but I feel like this is a juicy update
I don't think people understand how significant this is.

I'm still wondering where the improvement in switching time has been made and what are the typical bottlenecks in modelers that demand the switching delay in the first place?

I don't think people understand how significant this is.

I'm still wondering where the improvement in switching time has been made and what are the typical bottlenecks in modelers that demand the switching delay in the first place?
I remember being told that switching to another preset requires it to be loaded into ram, thus having a delay, or “gap” and that it wasn’t possible without one. Now it is. Imagine that. 😂

Aren't all presets loaded into memory during boot already?
A complete Helix bundle which consists of 8 banks * 128 presets is only 300KB, this is not much and probably everything is already preloaded into memory during boot.
Unless I'm wrong and there is room for improvement from the Bean team.
bean.png

I guess it's a result of massive optimizations like shorter mute-delays and preloading certain stuff etc, not necessarily one thing.

Back