Fractal Audio Firmware Update Thread

I have no idea what’s going on here. Where is input gain adjusted?
Bottom left.

Screenshot 2023-04-09 at 18.20.10.png

To be fair, I think you used to own an FM3 before you recently acquired your FM9?

Well this A/D Sensitivity control doesn't exist on the FM3 - only on the FM9. FM3 has the "input pad" instead.
Helix also has something similar called input pad as well, was easy to set and depended on type of Pickups i just used what sounded best :idk

Is there any practical or meaningful difference in lowering A/D Sensitivity vs just lowering pickups?

Two of my guitars were seriously clipping at the default value of 50%; since I wired them myself, I simply lowered the pickups until I couldn't clip with reasonable musical effort.

I'm happy with that approach because I don't want to constantly forget I need to tweak the Sensitivity whenever I change guitars....but thought I'd ask whether I'm giving away toanz or somethin'.....

Is there any practical or meaningful difference in lowering A/D Sensitivity vs just lowering pickups?

Two of my guitars were seriously clipping at the default value of 50%; since I wired them myself, I simply lowered the pickups until I couldn't clip with reasonable musical effort.

I'm happy with that approach because I don't want to constantly forget I need to tweak the Sensitivity whenever I change guitars....but thought I'd ask whether I'm giving away toanz or somethin'.....
Lowering the pickups will change how your guitar sounds, lowering the input sensitivity won't.. :)

To be fair, I think you used to own an FM3 before you recently acquired your FM9?

Well this A/D Sensitivity control doesn't exist on the FM3 - only on the FM9. FM3 has the "input pad" instead.
Yeah, and when I just now went to check it in the global settings to see if it does the required “tickling of the red”, it already does indeed tickle the red. So I’m happy, it sounds good, and all this tickling has me mildly aroused. 😂

New DynaCab beeta … #9

28 cabs x 4! Mics

1682615429825.jpeg

New DynaCab beeta … #9

28 cabs x 4! Mics

View attachment 6832
I really hope the Hipower makes it into the final release.

Was the MC90 cab in there originally? If it was, I’m a derp because I’d have gone to that right away.

Pretty cool they were able to get the SM7 in there as well, I haven’t dug that on guitar cabs in the past, but I’ve used it with bass cabs and really dug it. Definitely anxious for the bass cabs, too!

Was the MC90 cab in there originally? If it was, I’m a derp because I’d have gone to that right away.

Pretty cool they were able to get the SM7 in there as well, I haven’t dug that on guitar cabs in the past, but I’ve used it with bass cabs and really dug it. Definitely anxious for the bass cabs, too!
Yes, the MC90 was there before. That cab was my gigging cab for years. The other equipment changed but that cab was a constant.

Back