Fractal Audio Firmware Update Thread

Axe-Fx III Firmware 24.05 Release​

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-3/24p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_24p05.zip

"Couple minor fixes.

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes

Removed Presence control from Two Stone J35 models Authentic menu because real amp doesn’t have one.

Fixed excessive delay from Pitch block at first use if the Shift and Detune amounts are both 0.0."

Last edited:
You know who I haven't heard from in awhile... @SwirlyMaple :unsure:
Well heck, it means a lot to me that anyone even noticed! Thanks! :beer I was busy with visiting family for the holidays, and also work. We had a science instrument on that recent lander that was supposed to go to the moon and didn't quiiiiiite make it. Made for an "exciting" couple weeks, at least.

In other news, I have installed FW6 on my FM9 and it is FR8K'ing fantastic. Those Fender models with the new reverbs... glorious. Utterly glorious. I bought my FM9 with the hopes that it'd beat the pants off the TMP, and I think it is well and truly there with this update. If @timbuck3 doesn't buy one now, he's really missing out ;)

Meme Think GIF
Do It GIF

FM9 Firmware Version 6.00 public beta (2)​

FM9 Firmware Version 6.00 public beta 2 is now available for download:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/fm9/6p0/fm9_dsp_rel_6p00_public_beta_2.zip

If updating from a firmware version older than 5.00, you will need to use the newest version of Fractal-Bot to install Dyna-Cabs:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fractal-bot-3-00-17.195519/

An updated version of FM9-Edit is required for use with this release:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm9-edit-1-02-09-to-support-fw-6-00-public-beta-2.201692/

Beta version fixes:
-Amp effect speaker parameters are stored and recalled correctly now when using certain combinations of dyna-cab IRs and the auto-speaker-impedance setting. When auto-speaker-impedance is ON the default curve for the dyna-cab in use will be loaded on preset and channel changes. To make custom changes, turn auto-speaker-impedance OFF and then enter new parameter values.
-Loading and using presets with no AMP effects will not cause a stall in GUI processing.
-Cab Lab SW Live Mode audio is corrected.
-Two Stone J35 AMP models updated as in Axe FX III 24.05.

Version 6.00 - January 23, 2024​

IMPORTANT: Firmware 6.00 includes DynaCab speaker cab simulation technology. If not updating from version 5.00 or higher, this update requires you to install two separate files: 1) the main firmware, and 2) a separate Dyna-Cab file.
To install both files automatically, please use Fractal-Bot (standalone) version 3.00.18 or newer, OR the version of Fractal-Bot that is built into the latest release of FM9-Edit, version 1.02.01, or newer.
https://www.fractalaudio.com/fm9-edit/

Version 6 release notes additions:​

FIXES​

• Fixed excessive delay from Pitch block at first use if the Shift and Detune amounts are both 0.0.
  • Removed Presence control from Two Stone J35 models Authentic menu because real amp doesn’t have one.

So during morning practice , same patch as before and of late, I'm not sure if placebo or what but the tones seems more dynamic
more full as best description i can give. The delays sound more detailed & articulate, have not tried the chorus yet
but if what I'm hearing it must be attributed to the new algorithms and also the Improved Amp block triode algorithm and Improved speaker compression and amp interaction.
The only new addition ive tried is the Gold plate which yes it will be my new gold standard, as for the switching it is seamless, prior i thought i could not hear any gaps but this week i paid more attention and when switching some scenes i could hear a gap
happy to say its now gone.
Not saying ill never use any of the new additions brought on by this FW, who knows? but for now im very happy with the tone improvements
and thats my 2 cents on this new FW

:beer

Last edited:
So during morning practice , same patch as before and of late, I'm not sure if placebo or what but the tones seems more dynamic
more full as best description i can give. The delays sound more detailed & articulate, have not tried the chorus yet
but if what I'm hearing it must be attributed to the new algorithms and also the Improved Amp block triode algorithm and Improved speaker compression and amp interaction.
The only new addition ive tried is the Gold plate which yes it will be my new gold standard, as for the switching it is seamless, prior i thought i could not hear any gaps but this week i paid more attention and when switching some scenes i could hear a gap
Not saying ill never use any of the new additions brought on by this FW, who knows? but for now im very happy with the tone improvements

The Gold Plate already became my default ;)

I also tried some of the new spring types both before the amp and after and enjoyed them as well... And I'm not usually a spring reverb fan.

its pretty damn good I don't if its your thing but the JMP 2203 . is just a rock machine , I just posted a quick preset on FAS site in the FM9 section , honestly its 90% stock , I tweaked Dyna cabs slightly brought down the reverb mix , I think that was seriously about it . it really has that thing and character that reminds of my Marshalls played loudly, its a great sounding model , I expected to be all about the Stealth and MarkV. but I am stuck on the 2203 HI w a Maxon in front

its pretty damn good I don't if its your thing but the JMP 2203 . is just a rock machine , I just posted a quick preset on FAS site in the FM9 section , honestly its 90% stock , I tweaked Dyna cabs slightly brought down the reverb mix , I think that was seriously about it . it really has that thing and character that reminds of my Marshalls played loudly, its a great sounding model , I expected to be all about the Stealth and MarkV. but I am stuck on the 2203 HI w a Maxon in front
Yes its an amp ill be using for sure
I am a Marshall and Mesa man 100%

Wow.

Axe-Fx III Firmware 25.00 Public Beta (Cygnus X-3)​

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...xe-fx-3/25p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_25p00_beta2.zip

WARNING: THIS FIRMWARE REPRESENTS AN UPDATE TO THE CORE ALGORITHMS AND MAY CHANGE THE SOUND OF YOUR PRESETS. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. IF YOU ARE NOT PREPARED FOR THIS POSSIBILITY THEN IT IS ADVISED TO NOT INSTALL THIS FIRMWARE. IF YOU DO INSTALL THIS FIRMWARE AND IT CHANGES THE SOUND OF YOUR PRESETS AND YOU COME INTO THIS THREAD AND COMPLAIN THAT YOUR PRESETS SOUND DIFFERENT BE PREPARED FOR SHAME AND RIDICULE.

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

New “Cygnus X-3” amp modeling:
  • Improved preamp algorithms.
  • Improved power amp algorithms.
  • Improved output transformer loss modeling.
  • Improved preamp supply voltage modeling.
  • Nearly all amp models have been “remastered” as a result of new measurement techniques and analytical methods.
Updated Power Tube Grid Bias (or Cathode Resistance, as applicable) default value for most amp models. Existing presets are NOT altered. A soft or hard reset will load the updated value.

Updated Supply Sag default values for many amp models. Existing presets are NOT altered. A soft or hard reset will load the updated value.

Updated Cathode Follower default values for many amp models. Existing presets are NOT altered. A soft or hard reset will load the updated value.

Fixed wrong Miller capacitance value in Deluxe Verb Vibrato, Double Verb Vibrato, Super Verb Vibrato and all Vibrato Verb models.

Fixed wrong FX loop recovery gain in Suhr Badger models.

Added “Sunrise Splendor” Drive model. Existing model renamed “Sunrise Splendor Hi-Cut” to denote that the Hi-Cut switch is engaged.

Back