Fluff signature Music Man????

I Like Swimsuit GIF by MOODMAN

I haven't spent 10 minutes watching Fluff or his Channel in the past 10 years. I am as ignorant as they come
when it comes to him. Proud of it, too. :rofl

Of course. I only know this stuff because I like EBMM and go looking for EBMM vids - I don't watch his channel regularly either - Our tonal tastes are at opposite ends of the spectrum!

I haven't spent 10 minutes watching Fluff or his Channel in the past 10 years. I am as ignorant as they come
when it comes to him. Proud of it, too. :rofl

I listen to actual Music a lot. I watch "influencers" by accident and because of Algos.... and not usually choice.

Love me some Leon Todd and That Pedal Show. Outside of that. Crickets. :LOL:
There are great ones and not so great ones. I hesitate to dive into this convo sometimes because of that. LT is awesome. Player, songwriter and from all interactions I have seen; a human. Others seem to be on a case by case basis. It's a tough gig, whether I dig the content creator or not. Keeping up a pace that would allow you to make $ would be so time consuming I can imagine free time for being creative in the traditional sense would be scarce as f.

I was shocked to find out that Petrucci has the largest selling Sig Guitar in History next to you know who. :idk
I will believe that Majesty in past 9 years of its existence sold more than JEM in the past 35 years about the same time when I see @DrewJD82 selling all his equipment to buy two Quad Cortices while @Digital Igloo drives a bulldozer over two dozen mixing consoles with 96 channels because he hates sliders that much, with me watching them while eating sweet pickles.

They pulled that out of their ass without ever giving any kind of source, Petrucci mentioned it in one interview, couple of guitar portals copied it, and it became a "known fact".

They're not just referring to the Majesty, though. That's only the "most recent" version (of which there are 47 variations or whatever).
The "John Petrucci Music Man" signature guitars have been available for over 20 years at this point. JP6 / JP7 were the originals.

When you take the older models into account I could believe the claim.

I definitely see the angle of "WTF, an influencer gets a sig?" In fact, I made a thread about Sophie because of it, BUT, I think we all have to look at this like the mfgs are, these people are VISIBLE.

I mean, hell, I have TWO sig guitars, (a Tremonti SE and a Navarro), and I'm not even a fan of either person's music, I just wanted the guitars, and I only learned about them from the internets, so, as old as I am, it looks like I'm in the demographic who would buy a sig guitar, just from knowing it exists, and these people have followers, so . . .

They did though.
Huh, ok! I could have sworn I heard JP refer to the entire line in regards to that statistic. Maybe it was a different video interview or something? :idk

The Majesty is 100% not my bag, but it's still impressive sales numbers! Dang.

I definitely see the angle of "WTF, an influencer gets a sig?" In fact, I made a thread about Sophie because of it, BUT, I think we all have to look at this like the mfgs are, these people are VISIBLE.

That's exactly the problem.

The most visible influential people to help market guitars today are apparently not artists but people who are famous for talking about tools used by artists and giving their opinions on everything.

It means we spend more time listening to the people spouting their opinions about tools used to make music than actually listening to music.

10 years ago MM was Steve Lukather, Albert Lee, Steve Morse, and John Petrucci. Not only players with resumes longer than they are tall, but each pretty much icons from a guitarist's guitarists perspective. I get the times have changed but it doesn't mean it's not more than a bit gripe worthy.

That's exactly the problem.

The most visible influential people to help market guitars today are apparently not artists but people who are famous for talking about tools used by artists and giving their opinions on everything.

It means we spend more time listening to the people spouting their opinions about tools used to make music than actually listening to music.

10 years ago MM was Steve Lukather, Albert Lee, Steve Morse, and John Petrucci. Not only players with resumes longer than they are tall, but each pretty much icons from a guitarist's guitarists perspective. I get the times have changed but it doesn't mean it's not more than a bit gripe worthy.

Good points

Back