Fender Tone Master Pro: Episode IV - A New Hope

Attachments

• a752134f1a.jpg
    a752134f1a.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 2
I think there is some hope for the Marshall models. I’m realizing the biggest problem with them is the cabs.

Some of the stock Marshall cabs and the Mesa 412 cab that goes with the Mark are possibly the worst sounding IRs I’ve ever heard. They sound broken.

I switched to the blonde Deluxe cab with the sm7b, hi cut around 9k, and the Marshall’s instantly sound a lot better.

I think there is some hope for the Marshall models. I’m realizing the biggest problem with them is the cabs.

Some of the stock Marshall cabs and the Mesa 412 cab that goes with the Mark are possibly the worst sounding IRs I’ve ever heard. They sound broken.

I switched to the blonde Deluxe cab with the sm7b, hi cut around 9k, and the Marshall’s instantly sound a lot better.
For my Marshall stuff I just used the Friedman, sounded very good.

The problem I always have is that what I love Marshalls for is cleans, EOB, light gain, up to old school metal distortion, but digital Marshall’s all seem to be geared towards high gain hot rodded Marshall tones.
Depending on the modeler the interaction between mv and gain has a big impact.

Should be called “Guy spends 2 seconds per presets and complains” Great review when the acoustic sound of the guitar is louder than the output from the device.

Later in the video he goes through a bunch of the amp models in a blank preset. He says that he likes the core amp tones, just that the presets are awful.

When Helix came out at $1500 it was a shock. Line 6 were competing with Fractal and Kemper in terms of price which was originally seen as a joke. They had to prove their value and they did a great job of it by being innovative and highly responsive.

Now almost a decade later Fender's in the same boat. Can they rapidly catch up and compete? Do they have enough differentiation to stand out?

Back