Fender Tone Master Pro: Episode IV - A New Hope

Communication with brand employees can be tricky.

I've worked in the marketing department of an (unnamed) audio brand for over a year, but internal "unspoken" conflicts, subtle mobbing, all while the people higher up stuck to that disgusting "startup mentality" (the office is a playground, everything is so awesome, we're the best in the business, yet employees are not allowed to communicate their amount of income amongst each other, completely wrong work contracts being issued, etc.), drove me away and finally made me quit.

At some point, I was under the impression that everyone's being brainwashed into brand loyalty. 💩

And while brands have to try and get in touch with the various online communities of their branch, there's always Corporate Language getting in the way, as it's a huge part of Corporate Identity. Find ways to white-wash mistakes and bad products, stay positive even if you just put a sh*t product on the market.

Thin ice.

Yet I can't blame anyone who wants to keep the job they have. 😁 You do you.

Great points. There is a cute little take on the double entendre inherent in the word brand/branding. :unsure:

I've worked in the marketing department of an (unnamed) audio brand for over a year, but internal "unspoken" conflicts, subtle mobbing, all while the people higher up stuck to that disgusting "startup mentality" (the office is a playground, everything is so awesome, we're the best in the business, yet employees are not allowed to communicate their amount of income amongst each other, completely wrong work contracts being issued, etc.), drove me away and finally made me quit.

At some point, I was under the impression that everyone's being brainwashed into brand loyalty. 💩

And while brands have to try and get in touch with the various online communities of their branch, there's always Corporate Language getting in the way, as it's a huge part of Corporate Identity. Find ways to white-wash mistakes and bad products, stay positive even if you just put a sh*t product on the market.

Thin ice.

PROOF IS IN THE PUDDING TO ME...iow what works for me may not work for you so to me the brand name is one thing and i do look at their history with support and promises and that does figure into my purchases but if i try it and it wows me from the get go i am sold.Of course my wow may not be your wow.. With amps this has been my deciding factor: i plug in and play a few hours testing it at home after tested in the store if possible and then decide. I like forums by companies to a point but they will be biased.

One other aspect of Discord is that it's "deep web" - not searchable/indexible by search engines. Usually queries like "Help my Helix sounds like a frying pan" will lead you most of the times to their forums and similar other reports. With Discord you'll feel alone and crazy until you find .. well .. this place.

Thin ice.

The whole industry is going that way.

Thin ice.

Ahhh.. the ole’ gardenhose of horse-shit.

But. I do f’n get it brother.
I’m gonna exercise restraint of tongue here

Have you looked at it? It's setup like a forum, just like this forum.
All due respect. It's nothing like a web based forum such as this. There are reasons to have a discord but to say it's just like a forum as this, TGP, etc is incorrect.

Just logged into it to confirm to myself lol I thought you all somehow reinvented discord.

Discord to me is akin to a huge instant message chat group but with 100s of members. It's chaotic and I truly don't think it's purpose was to be a forum. Imo it's meant for faster paced, temporary, discussions and not a great place to store historical data (which is important for product forums) or long term discussions.

Having a discord AND an actual forum may be nice!

All due respect. It's nothing like a web based forum such as this. There are reasons to have a discord but to say it's just like a forum as this, TGP, etc is incorrect.

Just logged into it to confirm to myself lol I thought you all somehow reinvented discord.

Discord to me is akin to a huge instant message chat group but with 100s of members. It's chaotic and I truly don't think it's purpose was to be a forum. Imo it's meant for faster paced, temporary, discussions and not a great place to store historical data (which is important for product forums) or long term discussions.

Having a discord AND an actual forum may be nice!

All due respect...

Did you look at the Forum Channels, or did you just look at the Text Channels? Yes, text channels can be a mess of stream of consciousness ramblings. The forum channels have threaded discussions with titles and the most recent ones float to the top. It's JUST like a traditional forum.

All due respect...

Did you look at the Forum Channels, or did you just look at the Text Channels? Yes, text channels can be a mess of stream of consciousness ramblings. The forum channels have threaded discussions with titles and the most recent ones float to the top. It's JUST like a traditional forum.
I did! Still disagree. But that's okay!

Is there any other product that just has discord? Most of the main like products have a dedicated website for discussion

Sorry but this might be a dumb question but I really have not paid much attention since I sent mine back after not feeling like it was great for me, they are good but it just wasn't for me.

Anyway the question, have they put out an update for the EVH model they admitted was not right? Or any updates besides the very first update they put out on the first day or two after the release?

Sorry but this might be a dumb question but I really have not paid much attention since I sent mine back after not feeling like it was great for me, they are good but it just wasn't for me.

Anyway the question, have they put out an update for the EVH model they admitted was not right? Or any updates besides the very first update they put out on the first day or two after the release?
We had an update go live right before (US) thanksgiving. We are working on the next update which will have a revised EVH red channel, among many other things.

All due respect...

It might be a question of configuration, or of the balance of user-contributed content. I’ve never seen the Fender TMP Discord site (assuming there is one); only the NDSP/QC site, which I find disorienting and generally unhelpful.

And he wouldn't answer the questions put to him, like... ever.

Btw, that's a pretty common attitude among the IK folks you may see in forums (noticed it already when they appeared @ KVR for the first time ages ago).
Hence, no, it's not blaming the messenger, it's the messenger blaming/ignoring users.

Listening back through YouTube clips hearing the clean Fender amp models…

schitts-creek-alexis-rose.gif

…And then hearing clips with any sort of overdrive or distortion…

david-rose.gif

Back