Fender Tone Master FR-10 and FR-12 "FRFR" cabs

Id like to try one and A/B it to my current Powercab Ill see if Long and Mcwait have a full refund Policy, 1 weekend will be enough to compare
Will Be easy Comparison, on the Left ill put the Fender and On the right Ill keep my Powercab, Ill set up my expression pedal to pan hard L&R
So should not be Long to see which sounds best in my environment and my guitars

:idk
Why even bother in the first place? You are used to the Powercabs. This type of product isn't a real amp and is just a variation on something doing the same thing and probably about equally as "flat".

Just go to the store with your FM9 like I did, and then you can at least try it for long enough to know if you even want to take it home to do the comparison.

They do have a full refund policy though.
Yes I just Checked, Ill call to make sure No hidden clauses , as for me i test in my Environment it really is the best way and I get to do A/B comparisons and the A/B comparisons are what I base it on if worth the Difference In price or the hassle of selling more gear, up here In Quebec its very hard to sell anything at a decent fair price unless it says Fender or Gibson and even then Quebec is a small music market and almost everbody is broke so they is always looking to get things next to nothing :cool:

Why even bother in the first place? You are used to the Powercabs. This type of product isn't a real amp and is just a variation on something doing the same thing and probably about equally as "flat".
True But Im always Curious you know that Nagging Question what if? ... Sure I dont Gig but I love great tones in my studio/room
Was a big difference when I compared my Powercabs to the Headrush :idk

Why even bother in the first place? You are used to the Powercabs.

This perhaps partly my fault because I've been excitedly gushing about the FR-12, so I've stoked @Stone's GAS.

@Stone, it's worth remembering that I didn't already own a cab like you do; I could only play my FM9 through studio monitors in one room. And by buying the FR-12, I'm now able to play in my living room without unhooking all my cables and moving my studio monitors downstairs which is a huge PITA.

I also feel myself slowly moving away from traditional amps, and I've never tried an "FRFR" cab; so wanted to explore that and see if I was missing anything.

Last edited:
Gasp has been raving about it over at The Other Place as well.

So I bit the bullet and ordered a FR-12. Fought off the urge to buy two. I thought it was more prudent to see if I really liked it before committing to yet another $1,100 gear purchase.

I have a pair of the original CLRs which I absolutely love but I got them before the Neo version was available and hoisting them up and down from the pole mounts at 40 lbs. each is a chore. The FR-12 is lighter, the tilt legs are great, and I like the way it looks being a traditional Fender combo player for many decades.

We'll see how it turns out. I'm looking forward to trying it out with both the FM9 and my Atomic Ampli-Firebox Mark II.

If the FR12 response claim of 70Hz-20kHz (-3dB, which I think means +/-1.5dB) and this post about the Powercab Plus are anywhere near the ballpark of accurate, then it seems to me the FR12 is worth looking into for a Powercab user.

If the FR12 response claim of 70Hz-20kHz (-3dB, which I think means +/-1.5dB) and this post about the Powercab Plus are anywhere near the ballpark of accurate, then it seems to me the FR12 is worth looking into for a Powercab user.
I'll say Yes, but with the worlds biggest caveat applied? I just don't know if the juice is worth the squeeze; especially when you factor in the ears and techniques of the IR vendor on top of that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If... this post about the Powercab Plus are anywhere near the ballpark of accurate
The poster doesn't know what he's doing, so the graph and resulting conclusions are useless.

Presumably he's made a nearfield bass measurement of the woofer. But he has to account for other factors, and he hasn't, so it's of no use for determining the performance of the PowerCab. For example, if he measured the port response and added it in there, the bass response would show deeper. And if he accounted for the baffle response, there likely would not be a bass rolloff as shown on his graph.

Anyway, it's hard to trust response claims from a lot of speaker vendors. Probably just gotta try them out yourself.

1697051639704.png

@la szum Inspired and enlightened by your "telling it like it is" talk, my blinkers are off. I can see clearly now.

I'm throwing my Music Man guitar in the garbage. After all, it's just a stooopid piece of wood with wires and magnets attached.

Total trash!

Back