Fender Tone Master FR-10 and FR-12 "FRFR" cabs

I hate the grill cloth AND the tolex on them. They look like Blues Juniors, and not the “cool” ones with the better covering.
My instinct is that they are the Hot Rod Deluxe chassis recycled.

I do agree, visually they are boring as hell.

When you move on the stage the sound changes due to phase shifts caused by the distance between the woofer and the tweeter.
Is that an issue for you guys that have tested the FR-10/12?
In other words: does the sound change when you move through the room and do you perceive it as weird?

Last edited:
I posted some gut shots concerning the power amp manufacturer in the other thread here:

And a couple of photos of the driver here:

THANK YOU. I knew this thing had a port, but I had no proof.

So funny, I’d only need one of these for the others in my band to hear me, (I use IEMs), so, I wouldn’t even be listening to it, but I’m excited about these, lol.

Just got an email letting me know the FR-12 shipment will be delayed. Apparently my dealer sold out all of their stock in a week :eek:

Fender ATM

Soul Plane Dancing GIF

Make It Rain Money GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

I am going to grab one of these from Sweetpusher. I like the powered cab setup sometimes and I have a Line 6 Cat 100 but I hate the sound of the speaker in that thing. From the early reviews this sounds like it could be a winner.

I am going to grab one of these from Sweetpusher. I like the powered cab setup sometimes and I have a Line 6 Cat 100 but I hate the sound of the speaker in that thing. From the early reviews this sounds like it could be a winner.

Which size are you going for? Nobody here has got hold of an FR-10 yet. I wanted to try one, but my local store had already sold out, so I got the FR-12, which I'm enjoying - I just never got to do a comparison.

Which size are you going for? Nobody here has got hold of an FR-10 yet. I wanted to try one, but my local store had already sold out, so I got the FR-12, which I'm enjoying - I just never got to do a comparison.
12's would maybe be more bottom endish...whereas 10's may be more punchy and sparkley

I’m just trying to work out now if I can live without stereo (probably)

That was my approach for now. Just to see if I like it and how I feel about after I've had it a few weeks. My plan was that I can always add another in the future. I've been enjoying it in mono at home, more like a traditional amp, though.

and how it would go with playing music through it to jam to (I guess just fine?)

It would be okay, I think. I've not tried it but others have. It leans very slightly more towards guitar tones than more neutral monitors like the EV PXM (you've probably already read that elsewhere, no doubt).

My instinct is that they are the Hot Rod Deluxe chassis recycled.

Having inspected mine closely (from the inside!), there are enough differences that I'm not convinced Fender would be saving much cash or effort there. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Deadpool_25 has some more thoughts concerning FR-12 vs EV PXM over at the FAS forum:

Deadpool_25 has some more thoughts concerning FR-12 vs EV PXM over at the FAS forum:

Ugh. I really don't NEED one of these, but the tractor beam is pulling me in, like the Death Star to the Falcon.

Id like to try one and A/B it to my current Powercab Ill see if Long and Mcwait have a full refund Policy, 1 weekend will be enough to compare
Will Be easy Comparison, on the Left ill put the Fender and On the right Ill keep my Powercab, Ill set up my expression pedal to pan hard L&R
So should not be Long to see which sounds best in my environment and my guitars

:idk

Id like to try one and A/B it to my current Powercab Ill see if Long and Mcwait have a full refund Policy, 1 weekend will be enough to compare
Will Be easy Comparison, on the Left ill put the Fender and On the right Ill keep my Powercab, Ill set up my expression pedal to pan hard L&R
So should not be Long to see which sounds best in my environment and my guitars

:idk
Just go to the store with your FM9 like I did, and then you can at least try it for long enough to know if you even want to take it home to do the comparison.

They do have a full refund policy though.

Back