Fender Tone Master FR-10 and FR-12 "FRFR" cabs

Well feel free if you have questions. And I can contact Front Panel Express to allow you to order tht back panel (they want you to get permission to use someone else's design; wonder if I can give them a blanket permission 🤔).

Anyone tried playback of audio tracks through these?…abuse these as PA speaker?
(asking for a friend with a singing GF)…(and a friend that plays acoustic)

Yes. Dark and not near flat enough, imo. Could do in a pinch but the Celestion F12s are much better, imo.

Figures….with this much praise….cant be fullrange(ish)…;)
It's probably about as good for that as I imagine the Kone to be? Not terrible and would be ok as a monitor but not used as a monitor in place of a PA speaker.

Yes. Dark and not near flat enough, imo. Could do in a pinch but the Celestion F12s are much better, imo.
Eh. I did it and while it wasn't great it certainly wasn't bad by any stretch. Turn the bass down a bit and the mids up a little and it sounded pretty good and in the general vicinity of flat lol. You don't wanna be using the cut though because that definitely darkens it up.

It's probably about as good for that as I imagine the Kone to be? Not terrible and would be ok as a monitor but not used as a monitor in place of a PA speaker.

Eh. I did it and while it wasn't great it certainly wasn't bad by any stretch. Turn the bass down a bit and the mids up a little and it sounded pretty good and in the general vicinity of flat lol. You don't wanna be using the cut though because that definitely darkens it up.
I wouldn’t mind if it needs a bit of EQ…as longs as it’s “in there” to sound pleasant. (you can’t EQ your way out of everything)
To me the Kone isn’t half bad once the kpa dsp has done it’s thing. I really dig that as an acoustic amp!
Thanks. This has cleared up some GAS. But just some
Why?..appearently it sounds great amping a modeler..if that’s what you need…
Or is there an "FRFR" police picking up players that ”do it wrong” in your town?

• Haha
Reactions: JT
I wouldn’t mind if it needs a bit of EQ…as longs as it’s “in there” to sound pleasant. (you can’t EQ your way out of everything)
To me the Kone isn’t half bad once the kpa dsp has done it’s thing. I really dig that as an acoustic amp!

Or is there an "FRFR" police picking up players that ”do it wrong” in your town?
Yeah really the question becomes can you balance your guitar tone with whatever program music you are pumping through it. Obviously you'll need something with an aux in if you wanting to use your guitar with whatever tracks simultaneously.

The GAS in me wants a nice "FRFR" that looks like an amp on stage. The responsible musician in me says I need an "FRFR" that will double as a monitor for the band, and can take a vocal input/second input if the situation needed. Conflicts conflicts

I would get both and call it a stereo rig
Robert Redford Nod GIF

The GAS in me wants a nice "FRFR" that looks like an amp on stage. The responsible musician in me says I need an "FRFR" that will double as a monitor for the band, and can take a vocal input/second input if the situation needed. Conflicts conflicts
I’ve got something kind of like what you’re talking about - I’m using a Catalyst and Roland Cube Street. Sometimes I’m using it as a straight up stereo rig, sometimes use the Cube for the piezo on my electric in combination with the Cat. And I’ve used the Cube alone for acoustic amplification and low volume stereo "FRFR" . Ive -also plugged a mic in a couple times (for rehearsal). Mine is the small cube street so it’s only loud enough for small gigs, but the bigger one has some oomph to it.

All that being said, if I had it all to do again I’m sure vanity would prevail and I’d get an FR-12 and an FR-10.

Back