Fender Tone Master FR-10 and FR-12 "FRFR" cabs

Fender FR-12 with Tonefactor XR IRs (I think they have more low end?) are giving me serious cab in the room vibes. 🤷🏾‍♂️
rachel lindsay GIF by The Bachelor

I'm assuming it's similar with the Fender, but with the Laney LFR, even "normal" IR's like York don't feel like you're playing a recording of a guitar amp. It feels more lively than a PA speaker.
How do the Helix (new) stock cabs sound? (They are essentially IRs under the hood I believe)

Fender FR-12 with Tonefactor XR IRs (I think they have more low end?) are giving me serious cab in the room vibes. 🤷🏾‍♂️

I may need to try that. I've been A/B'ing an FM9 and a TMP all week long through the FR12 and the built in blackface Fender Twin IR on the TMP sounds quite a bit like a real amp in the room and I've been cycling through them on the FM9 and haven't been able to find anything close to providing that experience so far. They sound much more polished and distant and not quite so immediate. I've tried dynacabs, several built in Fractal ones and the Twin and Creamback YA packs so far.

Someone at TOP reported buying a brand new FR-10 from Fender, and receiving a noisy version.

It's just bound to happen. As far as i can tell there's absolutely no way to tell both "revisions" apart, short of opening the amp.

WKSmith on the FAS forum is starting a waitlist for his V2 FR-12 and FR-10 preamps. He's trying to guage interest.

Head on over there if you're interested:

WKSmith on the FAS forum is starting a waitlist for his V2 FR-12 and FR-10 preamps. He's trying to guage interest.

Head on over there if you're interested:

Signed up :sofa:whistle

Are they two different preamps?

My understanding is that it's always been the same sole preamp, and that it's compatible with the FR-12 and FR-10.

EDIT -->

Confirmed here:

Yeah I thought so. They’ve already proven themselves cheapskates, so I wouldn’t imagine Fender would use two different boards 😂

Oh, I was talking about WKSmith's new V2 preamp design consisting of only one board for both models; not Fender's. Although the outcome is the same, were you to purchase a V2 I suppose.

I ordered a TM FR-12 from Candywater. If it hisses it goes back. BTW, a Hot Rod Deluxe cover fits it according to Fender.
$20.

Back