Donner Arena 2000 - possibly the best UI on a small modeler?

And fwiw, I'm absolutely aware of Mooer (or the bigger fish behind them) licensing things to others. Still doesn't mean anything in this case.

I think it's an intriguing unit. I havent looked up the MSRP yet but the demos I have watched make me think if this thing is sub 500 it'd be a damn good deal.

It's easy to have dedicated encoders when there are only 3 parameters in each block
:rollsafe

Well - you could always flip pages to get to the more advanced parameters.
Besides, personally I absolutely don't care much about how many parameters this thing offers, I was really just amazed about the UI, which I simply find to be outstanding. There's really no other unit in this class offering so much editing comfort (at least not among those I'm aware of).

It's half of that.
Yeah I just saw that. Whilst looking on Amazon though they showed me the Valeton GP-200 which is about 80 bucks more and wow the features that thing has. Not going to hijack your thread thread though. I have some disposable cash and am now interested in one or the other.

Off to watch Leo demo's.

Dudes, seriously
Sigh... You're gonna make me google them, aren't you? OK, I'll do it.
We're not saying they're carbon copies down to the number of pots. But they are clearly super related, if not twins then brothers and sisters at the least. The same fixed chain, the same buttons for blocks, clearly the same philosophy.
You're really gonna tell us you don't see the similarities between Arena and
this one:

and this one:

and this one:

You're really gonna tell us you don't see the similarities between Arena and
this one:

I do. But that doesn't change one bit with anything I said.

The HB thing is still pretty far away due to the lack of dedicated FX block buttons. No touchscreen as a sort of compensation, either.
On the upside, it's got even more flexible connectivity options.

The Valeton is much closer - but it's even newer, so telling me Donner were the one "borrowing" intellectual property goes out of the window already.

None of them offers mobile editing, though. And from all I know, no options to run one out with cabs, the other without.

Whatever. Very obviously, *any* small form factor modeler is looking rather similar to any other. Why? Because it's a pretty established form factor since many years already.
And yes, there's copyright infringements (or licensing...) left and right.

Yet, these things are no closer to a GE 200 than to anything else. They're all just small, "complete" floor modelers on a budget.
Hence, my opinion about the Donner is still valid, as it (at least IMO) offers the most complete featureset for absolutely flawless operation, while possibly even shining in the UI department. Lots of knobs and switches for quick on-unit parameter access and mobile editing options so you don't need to lift it up or crawl on the floor anywhere. Given these aspects, the others posted in this thread can't compete.

so telling me Donner were the one "borrowing" intellectual property
Nobody said that, we said that they ARE the same on the inside. Deliberately. No stealing. Company One is selling them to Company Two, Company Three, Company Four... With different casing and slight changes on I/O, number of knobs, placement of buttons...
Which one you like more is just a matter of preference and price. Nobody is attacking Arena. Nobody is attacking you.

But next month, a new gladiator enters the colliseum...Ampero II Stage
1698079160031.png

Oh, you know. Just a hunch.

TEVvE1D.jpeg

Oh, so that's the Donner Arena 2000? Interesting. But maybe you just need a new pair of glasses.
Seriously, you guys are assuming. And it's not even very educated assumptions.

Apart from that, it's completely irrelevant. Even if Donner licensed the technique under the hood, they still massively improved things. And that's what this thread is about. Not about some conspiracy stuff that you folks can't even remotely prove.

Back