Do You Wash Your Hands Before Playing, and if so, Do You Think It Helps Make Strings Last Longer?

Nope, but when I put a fresh pack on and I’m recording, I wipe the strings down with the Music Nomad stuff after I play. Then once the song is done I go back to not caring until the next time I change strings.

Wash hands and hand stretch exercises, makes difference for me
Once a week wipe down the strings with music nomad string fuel also makes a difference

:idk

I do, most all the time, and I definitely think it helps.

Curious what others' experiences are though.
Usually just soak my left hand in  hot tap water for 5 minutes before and after playing to loosen it up and prevent injury. I wash my hands during the day so they're usually relatively clean when playing. Never had a problem with strings not lasting long, so I think my acidity, alkalinity etc. is probly not detrimental to guitar strings.

Yes with hot water. To clean the oils off but also to help warm up all the tendons and stuff.
Wring your fingers under some hot water for 10 seconds and it makes the aches go away too.

I do, and I even kinda look like Mr. Clean. Figure it helps with string life but I do it to minimize smudges, overall. Less wiping down equals less opportunity to scratch em up.

Depends on what I've been doing beforehand. I'm a pretty dry guy. My hands are lacking oils, cracking, scaly, bleeding. I try to keep them out of water and wear gloves when I need to.

Back