What Did You Do With Your Guitar(s) Today?

Removed the Tremsetter and installed FU-Tone springs into my Strat Plus Deluxe. Let it float.
Tone is in the springs?

Leonard Nimoy Reaction GIF

I also tried this 18V option when using EMGs. Because they are not hot enough. :idk

Tone is in the springs?

Leonard Nimoy Reaction GIF

Story on that guitar, it's an '89 Strat Plus Deluxe and they came standard with a tremsetter. However, I got it in a trade and the tremsetter was missing. No big deal as I really liked the way it played. But since I can never leave well enough alone, curiosity got the best of me and I installed a new tremsetter a couple years ago. That changed the feel of the guitar in a way that made it seem a little stiff. So now I'm changing it back. The coated springs eliminate the noise you sometimes get.

Now, it's back to how I liked it before. It was and still is my favorite Strat with a few lessons learned along the way.

I also tried this 18V option when using EMGs. Because they are not hot enough. :idk

18 to 24v gives you more headroom with the old style EMG's. I will like being able to toggle it for a different "thing".

I'm very happy to have brought 2 rarely played guitars back from the triple-a affiliate and into the bullpen for situations.

Swapped the SD Distortion set for EMG 81/85 in my Jackson soloist, yayyyy! :rawk

Wasn't playing it much, very muddy and blah before. Now may try the 85 in the bridge just for the hell of it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
For sure no mud with the 85. (y)

I have one laying around (and a 81) -- thinking about a project with them. :unsure:

(these are vintage '95 pickups too) extra mojo. :rofl

For sure no mud with the 85. (y)

I have one laying around (and a 81) -- thinking about a project with them. :unsure:

(these are vintage '95 pickups too) extra mojo. :rofl
I wonder when the ZW set came out? This boxed set had been sitting at Alpharetta GC for eons, lol.

I wonder when the ZW set came out? This boxed set had been sitting at Alpharetta GC for eons, lol.
Probably since the late 90's I'm guessing. 81/85 is a tried-and-true combo, I even used them for a lot of clean tones. Very versatile.
Btw, I work in Alpharetta mostly but have never been to the GC there. Come to think of it, I haven't been to any GC for about 5 yrs.

Probably since the late 90's I'm guessing. 81/85 is a tried-and-true combo, I even used them for a lot of clean tones. Very versatile.
Btw, I work in Alpharetta mostly but have never been to the GC there. Come to think of it, I haven't been to any GC for about 5 yrs.
Ahh nice!

Well don't make that GC your first stop, smallest one I've ever seen, anywhere.

The music & arts Ken Stanton is bigger but still not that great.

Atlanta GC is worth a visit though, 2 of my balls came from there, luckily merely days after arrival for both.

Ahh nice!

Well don't make that GC your first stop, smallest one I've ever seen, anywhere.

The music & arts Ken Stanton is bigger but still not that great.

Atlanta GC is worth a visit though, 2 of my balls came from there, luckily merely days after arrival for both.
Ken Stanton was really my first foray into music store shopping. Around '93, near the Big Chicken off Roswell Rd. Not there anymore but I'd go every week making noise. :grin

Yep, been to the Atl GC location (off 75/85) many times over the years. Bought my first recording equipment there around 2005.

Of course back then I did a lot of pawn shop hopping too.

18 to 24v gives you more headroom with the old style EMG's. I will like being able to toggle it for a different "thing".

I'm very happy to have brought 2 rarely played guitars back from the triple-a affiliate and into the bullpen for situations.

I was at my Buddy's last night where I sold him a Dean Flying V that he told me he
was going to put EMGs in. :unsure:

I immediately got up and walked out.

:hmm

:rofl

Today, I replaced the 1M potentiometer in my mexiStrat with a 500k. Much better.

Then I took out my American Standard and the nice Lollar Blackface pickups sounded extra bassy for some reason. Turns out, I made the Parrish treble bleed incorrectly. Got that sorted.

Next I’m going to nix the Gold Foil in my Les Paul and put the P90 back in.

I hope you pooped on the front porch, before you drove away.

:pitchforks

Haha! I like him too much for that. :grin

He came to his senses today. Just sent me a text saying he was
ditching the EMG idea and going with something passive. I said,
how about something passive-aggressive?? :unsure:

EMG'S aren't for everyone, lol. I had 81/60 in an EC-1000 - traded over 10 years ago and I miss "that sound". They Thrash, no?

I agree. I just like having fun. They are definitely part of the history of Thrash and Metal. Hell,
No More Tears is one of the greatest guitar solos of all time. I bet Zakk could have pulled it off
with Dimarzios, though. Right, @FuzzyAce ?? :idk

Back