What Did You Do With Your Guitar(s) Today?

…Next I’m going to nix the Gold Foil in my Les Paul and put the P90 back in.
Done!
IMG_2057.jpeg

I never use the neck pickup and thought the Gold Foil would add more usefulness to the guitar. Nope. It’s better with the P90.

Yup. The incessant shitbagging becomes self-defeating and unproductive in a real world setting.
Dealing with those kinds of people just feels like a chronic and never-ending series of dead ends. :facepalm

I am not sure anyone's tastes or skills are even worthy of assuming their proper place on the Shitbbagers
Throne. That shall not deter us, though. We be people.

:rofl

I will add that my actual experience is that the most persistent shitbaggers and constant critics also seem
to actually end up doing the least. Makes sense, since they have all of these self-imposed obstacles they
can't get past.

Not Doing It Bounty Hunter GIF by DefyTV
EDIT: I wrote some dumb shit before morning coffee. Deleted. :rofl :beer :beer

Last edited:
Little lunch time projects can be fun! :unsure:

Today, I added a mini-toggle to my soloist to switch between 9v and 24v (off in the middle). :rawk

Wasn't as easy as expected! I wanted it in between vol and tone but that part isn't routed out enough ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, soooo out comes the Dremel w/routing bit! :clint

Nice to be able to switch, it's a pretty substantial change going from 9 to 24V - I've only had 18V before and it wasn't switchable, now you can clearly hear the difference - with 24V definitely much less compressed. I think I'd have been fine with just a two position toggle, the middle position is pretty worthless and has a bit of a delay before it kicks in.

@la szum - in addition to the coupon I have a nice 24V Mod sticker for you next time you're in the neighborhood! :pickle

Jackson Soloist Mini-Toggle.png

Little lunch time projects can be fun! :unsure:

Today, I added a mini-toggle to my soloist to switch between 9v and 24v (off in the middle). :rawk

Wasn't as easy as expected! I wanted it in between vol and tone but that part isn't routed out enough ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, soooo out comes the Dremel w/routing bit! :clint

Nice to be able to switch, it's a pretty substantial change going from 9 to 24V - I've only had 18V before and it wasn't switchable, now you can clearly hear the difference - with 24V definitely much less compressed. I think I'd have been fine with just a two position toggle, the middle position is pretty worthless and has a bit of a delay before it kicks in.

@la szum - in addition to the coupon I have a nice 24V Mod sticker for you next time you're in the neighborhood! :pickle

View attachment 22063
Awesome. I don't think there is much, if any, difference between 18v and 24v. The selling point of 24v is higher voltage (as well as what that entails) plus being slightly smaller than a single 9v battery.

Awesome. I don't think there is much, if any, difference between 18v and 24v. The selling point of 24v is higher voltage (as well as what that entails) plus being slightly smaller than a single 9v battery.
Yeah, I wouldn't expect there is - but I'm also not going to try to find out :grin. I had figured that this switch was internal to the pair of 12v batteries but I actually had to use a separate 9v, in addition to those ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Plenty of room in the back cavity so no big deal.

Yeah, I wouldn't expect there is - but I'm also not going to try to find out :grin. I had figured that this switch was internal to the pair of 12v batteries but I actually had to use a separate 9v, in addition to those ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Plenty of room in the back cavity so no big deal.
I have just the 24v pack in one guitar as I had no interest in 9v. You could just setup a wiring harness with three battery clips and switch between 24v and 18v to test it. I have an ES-918, and never set it to 9v. I like the extra headroom and less compression.

I have just the 24v pack in one guitar as I had no interest in 9v. You could just setup a wiring harness with three battery clips and switch between 24v and 18v to test it. I have an ES-918, and never set it to 9v. I like the extra headroom and less compression.
I know, but this guitar needed a mini-toggle - it was screaming for it :grin.

Really just like the ability to instantly switch back and forth, Thrashy stuff is really primo at 9v, too.

Back