Crazy Mesa Mini Rectifier Deal!!

Zzounds sucks. I bought one Saturday it was shipped Monday and was going to be delivered yesterday. Yesterday morning saw the tracking say that the shipper requested a return and the package is now going back to the shipper. FedEx didn’t even give me an option. I then got an e-mail from zzounds:

We wanted to contact you about your order for the Mesa/Boogie Mini Rectifier 25 Tube Guitar Amplifier Head. The price of $699.00 was listed in error on our site. This item should have actually been listed at the price of $1699.00

Due to this error, we have recalled your shipment and will be issuing a full refund for the purchase. Once this has been received by our warehouse staff, it typically takes 2-4 business days for the return to be processed and refund to be issued. You can continue to monitor this return by using your same FedEx tracking number.

As an additional accommodation, we have issued a $100 zZounds Gift Certificate through email. This can be used on any future purchase with zZounds. Please allow 1-2 business days for this Gift Certificate to be sent through email.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Best Regards

I didn’t even know they could reroute a package midway to be sent back to them?
I called zzounds and they said they will not honor the price and called FedEx and they said that there isn’t anything they can do and to contact the shipper. Hopefully someone else got luckier than I did and actually got it

Zzounds sucks. I bought one Saturday it was shipped Monday and was going to be delivered yesterday. Yesterday morning saw the tracking say that the shipper requested a return and the package is now going back to the shipper. FedEx didn’t even give me an option. I then got an e-mail from zzounds:

We wanted to contact you about your order for the Mesa/Boogie Mini Rectifier 25 Tube Guitar Amplifier Head. The price of $699.00 was listed in error on our site. This item should have actually been listed at the price of $1699.00

Due to this error, we have recalled your shipment and will be issuing a full refund for the purchase. Once this has been received by our warehouse staff, it typically takes 2-4 business days for the return to be processed and refund to be issued. You can continue to monitor this return by using your same FedEx tracking number.

As an additional accommodation, we have issued a $100 zZounds Gift Certificate through email. This can be used on any future purchase with zZounds. Please allow 1-2 business days for this Gift Certificate to be sent through email.

Best Regards

I called zzounds and they said they will not honor the price and called FedEx and they said that there isn’t anything they can do and to contact the shipper. Hopefully someone else got luckier than I did and actually got it

Yeah I wonder what, if anything, they could do if it actually got delivered. I’d guess at that point they’d have to eat it.

Hey, look at it this way, you got a $100 for their error!

Apparently it's a thing any shipper can do. A bunch of dudes on TGP were intercepting items they sold on reverb to be returned to them during the SVB failure fiasco and reverb pay outs getting delayed a few days...

Maybe it was a rogue employee having a bit of in house fun on April Fool's Day. :idk

Yeah I wonder what, if anything, they could do if it actually got delivered. I’d guess at that point they’d have to eat it.

Hey, look at it this way, you got a $100 for their error!

If it got delivered they woulda been shitouttaluck, someone just posted the law recently but it basically states that if a manufacturer/company sends you an item by mistake, that’s on them and the recipient is under no legal obligation to return it. So Zzounds were probably praying it didn’t make it to the guy’s house yet.

If it got delivered they woulda been shitouttaluck, someone just posted the law recently but it basically states that if a manufacturer/company sends you an item by mistake, that’s on them and the recipient is under no legal obligation to return it. So Zzounds were probably praying it didn’t make it to the guy’s house yet.
I'm trying to imagine a FedEx guy coming to my house, and trying to take back an amp I'd already been playing for a couple of hours. :rofl

7hazip.jpg

Yeah I think once its delivered they are SOL.

Shame nobody here snuck one through.

Best Regards

They got me too. :facepalm

Bought it Saturday - couldn't give them my payment information fast enough, it shipped a couple hours later. Call me naive, but I thought the amazing price was part of a limited April fools day special or something. Turns out it was, just not in the way I had originally hoped.

The amp was at a fed ex hub 5 miles from my house by Monday morning but stopped moving. The shipment stayed there until Tuesday afternoon, at which point I got the email from zzounds with the pricing error notification and the $100 gift card. Customer service was unwilling to honor the price and I'm still waiting for the refund to clear. Incidentally they've also managed to botch the shipment of the EVH Phase 90 I ordered with the gift certificate they gave me. Needless to say, my gear money will be going anywhere but zzounds from here on, they just seem like a mess.

I was REALLY looking forward to having a gig friendly recto back in the arsenal, especially at 12lbs. I get that human error happens, but IMO zzounds should have honored their mistake for those who managed to pay and get shipment notifications. That said, I also don't want people losing their jobs...so it is what it is. :idk

Yeah, Mesa cut off GC years ago as I recall for non-payment of goods rendered.

Yeah, Mesa cut off GC years ago as I recall for non-payment of goods rendered.

This happened, but GC must've ironed it out or maybe it has to do with Gibson buyout because they've been selling mesa again for the last couple years

They got me too. :facepalm

Bought it Saturday - couldn't give them my payment information fast enough, it shipped a couple hours later. Call me naive, but I thought the amazing price was part of a limited April fools day special or something. Turns out it was, just not in the way I had originally hoped.

The amp was at a fed ex hub 5 miles from my house by Monday morning but stopped moving. The shipment stayed there until Tuesday afternoon, at which point I got the email from zzounds with the pricing error notification and the $100 gift card. Customer service was unwilling to honor the price and I'm still waiting for the refund to clear. Incidentally they've also managed to botch the shipment of the EVH Phase 90 I ordered with the gift certificate they gave me. Needless to say, my gear money will be going anywhere but zzounds from here on, they just seem like a mess.

I was REALLY looking forward to having a gig friendly recto back in the arsenal, especially at 12lbs. I get that human error happens, but IMO zzounds should have honored their mistake for those who managed to pay and get shipment notifications. That said, I also don't want people losing their jobs...so it is what it is. :idk
Well I guess you and me can buy it again from them new for only $1599 after our hundred dollars off 😂. Was seriously pi**ed off about this for the last two days. They should have just let us keep it

Back