3 Months, in a city of 200,000, for $2600??

Anyone remember this scene?

This is the triple rec in a nutshell

1550185358_15501852107004328519131592602291_mmthumb.jpg

Idk I'm not convinced its either of the proposed reasons in the OP :LOL:

I think if he split all that up but kept the firesell price it would've been long gone by now. $1k for each head and $300 for each cab (or something along those lines) people would be lining tf up I would think :idk

EDIT: I see its not both heads included. In that case, Its a fair price, but I don't think its -that- crazy of a good deal based on what I see here. Basically market price for an excessive package lol. Still would probably have better luck splitting it up

Pull the listing off Reverb so that 39% commission/selling fee and everything else is removed from the equation. Put it up on FB BST at a reasonable price and sell sell sell.

Is this multi watt and serial loop? That is the one I have. I think it sounds pretty good.

EDIT: I see its not both heads included. In that case, Its a fair price, but I don't think its -that- crazy of a good deal based on what I see here. Basically market price for an excessive package lol. Still would probably have better luck splitting it up

yeah, im breaking that down as $600 per cab and $1400 for the head, which is basically market price

1. The head is considered to be the "worst" Recto series, the original 3-channel version.

2. It's a stack being sold as a package deal for no reason other than the seller is lazy. You usually only see head/cab package deals if both pieces were made in some special color or something, but this is just a standard Recto with two standard cabs. Nobody wants head/cab package deals and NOBODY wants head/cab/cab package deals, because...

3. Nobody, even the most bombastic stage acts, plays full stacks in the "one straight baffle + one slant baffle" configuration anymore. People usually only want one or the other. Even if they want two cabs, they're going to use them in a horizontal config and will want them either both straight or both slant.

4. There is only one picture, and the most important thing being sold, the amp, is so far away from the camera you can barely even make out what series it is. I had to squint to see whether it was a standard 3-channel Recto or a multi-watt Recto.

The reason this amp hasn't sold is because the seller basically created a clinic on how not to sell gear with this ad. Arbitrary package deal because the seller is lazy. Makes you wonder how lazy he's been taking care of that amp. The package deal includes 3 pieces, and almost nobody, including the most dedicated tube guys, are going to want all three. There's only one single, awful pic of the amp taken from a mile away. Is it like new? Is it covered in scratches and gunk? Who knows! Oh and it's local pickup only.

If the seller split those ads up into 3 separate ads each with multiple decent pics of each piece instead of taking less than 5 seconds to sling a single terrible ad up on Reverb with a single awful pic, that stuff would have sold long ago.
Whilst I agree it's not as easy to move bigger stuff these days, Greenie here has hit the nail on the head. This is a terrible way to sell these three items - any potential buyers would have figured that out in 10 seconds flat.

Royal Atlantic is like a less offensive Nomad or Heartbreaker. No desire to own one though I could be completely wrong about it? Though I believe it's related to the Electradyne? AKA probably adjacent in my mind to the TC family of Boogies.

Must have seen the road on a few tours. Now I am curious what band that might have been. :unsure:

There may be a whole ‘nother issue(s) with it when prior prospects have gone to buy it up, that could
also be part of the answer to the OP’s question.

The more I think about it the less surprised I am that this hasn’t sold.

It’s such a niche amp, it really only sounds good for high gain distortion in a really loud band at a really big venue.

Trying to get clean and edge of breakup tones out of 150W 6L6 is my nightmare

Plus you can get a dual rec for around $1300 and if you really wanted 2 4x12s you can find those for around $500 each.

So that’s $300 more for an extra 50W you’ll likely never need and a worse sounding amp

I gigged a triple rec for years and strongly disagree with just about everything here.

They sound killer at any volume below where the power amp saturates. The recto is the last amp on earth you want to push to the point the power amp saturates, mush city. The triple gives you even more power/volume before you get to that level.

The clean sounds are huge and there’s nothing I’ve found since that is quite like 150 watt tube clean tone through a 412.

Depending on what you mean by edge of breakup, you’ve got the pushed mode on channel one or the vintage mode on channel two.

The tubes cost more, but I never had issues with rectos eating tubes so that isn’t something to deal with often.

If this was in my neck of the woods, I’d be very tempted. I traded a triple and an oversized 412 for far too little… :facepalm

D

Royal Atlantic is like a less offensive Nomad or Heartbreaker. No desire to own one though I could be completely wrong about it? Though I believe it's related to the Electradyne? AKA probably adjacent in my mind to the TC family of Boogies.

LoG was using them for a spell, definitely more gain than the ED but not as cutting as the Marks. I think he's back on Mark IV's again but could be wrong about that.

Back