CorOS 2.0 when?

IR Loader​

An IR Loader block is being added, making it much easier to use your own or third-party IRs in Presets.
Four different types of the IR block are available: Single (M), Single (ST), Double (M), and Double (ST).

Helix owners have been asking Line 6 for an IR loader JUST like that for ages, because splitting path to load dual or stereo IRs is wasteful.

1664315465653.png

Uploading & Downloading​

The interactions with Cortex Cloud have undergone some significant changes, and several quality-of-life improvements have been made.
When uploading Presets or Neural Captures, instead of dragging-and-dropping each item to the top of the screen, you now toggle Upload Mode with the button at the top-left.
14-upload@2x

With Upload Mode toggled, simply tap the Upload button next to each item and it will upload in the background. Press the Upload Mode button again to exit. Items will continue to upload in the background even when you’ve exited Upload Mode.
We’ve removed the Starring system completely, and instead items can just be downloaded.
15-Third Parties@2x

Once you have added items to your download queue on Cortex Cloud/Mobile, when you open a Downloads folder and your Quad Cortex is connected to Wi-Fi, the items will begin downloading immediately.
Once Presets have downloaded, they live in your Downloads folder until they are either moved to a Setlist or deleted.
16-downloads@2x

If you would like to move a Preset from your Downloads folder to a Setlist, tap the Save & Move button. From here you can browse your Setlists (or create a new one) and choose where you would like to save the Preset. Once saved, you will be taken back to the Downloads folder.
Presets can be auditioned directly from the Downloads folder; just tap a Preset to load it onto The Grid.
17-single row@2x

The Downloads folder can be sorted like other folders.
18-downloads sorted@2x

Downloading and managing Neural Captures works very similarly to Presets, however tapping the Save & Move button will simply move the Neural Capture to the My Captures folder, since there are no banks or Setlists to manage for Neural Captures.
19-downloaded captures@2x

Additionally, the Downloads folder icons will change to a Wi-Fi Disconnected icon if Quad Cortex is not connected to Wi-F. Of course, you can continue to use items that have already been downloaded in your Downloads folder when Quad Cortex is offline.

Search​

Search has been completely overhauled. Search now spans the entire screen. Recently searched terms are displayed beneath the text entry.
20-search 1@2x

Search displays suggestions beneath the text entry as you type.
21-search 2@2x

Search results are separated into categories & tabs for Presets, Neural Captures, and IRs. There are also subcategories for each of the locations where files can be found, and these can be collapsed or expanded by tapping the arrows on the right-hand side.
22-results Presets@2x

Tapping an item will take you to the file’s location in the Directory and highlight it. From there you can interact with the item, continue browsing the Directory, or tap the Search button to return to the search results.
Search results can be sorted & filtered (depending on the category selected), and all the relevant metadata is available to reference as required.
23-results Captures@2x

More to come​

The redesigned filemanager is one of several features in CorOS 2.0.0, but certainly our most significant change so far. We’re excited to share more details with you soon, and hopefully have the update available to download in not too long.
If you would like to discuss these changes, please head over to our forum or Discord.
Thank you.
the part I don’t understand is why the heck did they add more icons
W amps and Combos

Honestly just having the white capture icon in either red border for amp or orange border for drive would have been simple enough
No?

Honestly just having the white capture icon in either red border for amp or orange border for drive would have been simple enough

I might be going insane, but i thought i saw a development update showiung just that? The capture icons had a smaller icon overlay indicating the capture type.

I might be going insane, but i thought i saw a development update showiung just that? The capture icons had a smaller icon overlay indicating the capture type.
Yes I think they added more icons when all they had to do was change the border of the captures box

So if you look snd see a capture icon w red outline amp
Orange =drive
That to me would seem the most

Some good info for users of the QC , and some "fun" as usual

:farley

I look forward to CorOs 2.0

And they did say that when the File M stuff is out.. they can release all the Captures they (NDSP) have had for a long time. Time will show

This reminds me of when I tried the Pocket Go and was unhappy because of the stamped machine marks all over the front panel were considered normal. When I had never seen any device manufactured before like that. The Line 6 fans at TGP were incensed that I dare question their “beloved leader.” Sometimes folks can be very irrational in their likes and dislikes. And stubborn too. I just wanted a well made smartly finished device. Nothing more. But folks have minds and they get made up.

I try to never denigrate the choices of others because I don’t always like what others like. I just offer my perspective and experience. Kinda like Strats versus Les Pauls… is either wrong? No, it’s really just a preference.

I think modelers are the same.
Third Eye Love GIF by Trippyogi

If you don’t use plugins does that change things?

Only if you’re concerned that their plug-in business will affect the models they drop on the QC. Take the IIC which was on the pre launch QC list, removed from the launch list, (to be recovered post launch) then they released the Peteucci plug-in and the IIC remains as the only prelaunch amp not on the QC. Coincidence?

And they’ll have little financial incentive to freely drop the Granophyre, Fortin Cali, Tone King etc. on the QC if they have paid plugins of them. They’ve also started cleverly making certain effects part of the appeal of some plugs. Those effects may or may not make the QC.

They may very well limit the value of the plugs entirely by continuing to grow the model count anyway, but I wouldn’t blindly dismiss the impact their plug-in business has or could have on the QC.

I wouldn’t avoid trying the QC simply because of this. Just something to watch. It’s in their best interest to find a way to reconcile these two revenue streams in a way that doesn’t feel gross.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t avoid trying the QC simply because of this. Just something to watch. It’s in their best interest to find a way to reconcile these two revenue streams in a way that doesn’t feel gross.

Yup. Been stating for a while, i have no idea how NDSP will achieve that without pissing off either of their consumer bases.

Last edited:
They may very well limit the value of the plugs entirely by continuing to grow the model count anyway,
I wouldn’t blindly dismiss the impact their plug-in business has or could have on the QC.

With NDSP's current business model the customers are getting screwed bothways, the customer shouldn't care less what the company will lose when they decide to stop screwing them.

When you buy a newly released flagship modeler from Fractal or Line 6 you pre-pay for a few years of best effort, progress and innovation in advance, the fact that NDSP withholding things (including engineering) from their flagship to maximize profit via other streams is just rotten.
Also, the progress they've made in two years since launch is pathetic in comparison and they have zero hesitation to demand such price.

I don't blame the greedy company, it's the easily lured customers I'm disappointed with.
My question is not when the next update is released but when the damn thing will actually be worth the asking price compared to other modelers in that price range?

Anyway, NDSP are lemon.

lemon GIF

And they did say that when the File M stuff is out.. they can release all the Captures they (NDSP) have had for a long time. Time will show
I don't remember this. Can you provide a direct quote or link? (Not that I'd necessarily believe it anyway. How many times have they tried to tell us how easy it's going to be to develop content for the QC?)

(I love my QC.)

I don't blame the greedy company, it's the easily lured customers I'm disappointed with.
Now, now. This is exactly the line of thinking that got everybody all bunched up at [that other place]. I'm not "easily lured" by anything, and I'm not going to apologize for the fact that the QC meets my needs better than the other options.

purell_pal_300x300.jpg

Last edited:
Back