Boss GM-800 and GK-5

Thanks, I agree with what one of the posters, arkieboy stated on that link. Wonder how tracking error rate compares?

"the thing that kills pitch-detection synths for me is inconsistent tracking, rather than slow tracking."

I saw a demo from an excellent guitar player in India that made the GM800 look flawless but he was playing so fast it was hard to tell if tracking errors were there.

The thread actually demonstrates that the internal sounds lag after the midi note is recorded. The pitch to midi to audio produced by a vst beat the pitch to audio produced by the GM-800. Audio from the GM-800 came 5 to 8 milliseconds after the midi note. How is the Fishman Tripleplay crippled?
It relies upon a computer to be useful, or a clunky pedal and then yet another device for sound generation. While the tracking is fast, it’s less forgiving than Roland/Boss tracking.

I find the tracking of the FTP to be more forgiving. The GM-800 is a sturdy gigging device. As a studio tool, it’s use is less relevant.
Good for you. I had the FTP since the V-Guitar forum group buy, while also having the GR-1, 30, 33, and 55. I don’t think the FTP did all that well, especially for piano.

Have you tried the recent firmware? There is a relatively new feature called “monitor hand position” that allows one to play piano patches glitch free. Fishman actually puts out new productive firmware updates, unlike Roland with their synth guitar products.
No, I sold it about a year ago, because their slow updates was annoying, and the software was awful. It’s true that Roland doesn’t do shit with their stuff, but with the synth stuff, it either works for you, or it doesn’t.

FTP failed to connect several times before I gave up on it. Instead of hitting record, I spent way too much frustrating time trying to troubleshoot it.

I still have 2 FTP sitting in a drawer somewhere. It's only gear I own that I won't sell because I'm afraid the buyer will think it's a POS.

You shill gear and patches so much, I would hardly think you are afraid of selling anything, unless you damaged it in some way, like when you blew up your Quad Cortex 😂. For those that have connection problems with the wireless FTP, there is a wired version that uses a usb cable. It’s also less money, at $250.

But if you are on the road gigging, the GM-800 is the better bet. That is if you like the Zencore cheese. Has anyone made up a fly rig yet, using the GM-800? Does anyone use it in their couch rig? I also want a bathroom rig, where I can play when I’m taking a sh#t. NSD just around the corner. Recommend me.

BTW, do you get most of your gear free? How do you afford Waldorf Iridium’s and such? Impressive mancave!
What?!? :oops:

I'm gonna blame this one on @Trollbait...

You shill gear and patches so much, I would hardly think you are afraid of selling anything, unless you damaged it in some way, like when you blew up your Quad Cortex 😂. For those that have connection problems with the wireless FTP, there is a wired version that uses a usb cable. It’s also less money, at $250.

But if you are on the road gigging, the GM-800 is the better bet. That is if you like the Zencore cheese. Has anyone made up a fly rig yet, using the GM-800? Does anyone use it in their couch rig? I also want a bathroom rig, where I can play when I’m taking a sh#t. NSD just around the corner. Recommend me.

BTW, do you get most of your gear free? How do you afford Waldorf Iridium’s and such? Impressive mancave!

Shill? Please lets define that. "noun. a person who poses as a customer in order to decoy others into participating" *Dictionary.com

I don't shill. I share. Big big difference. I pay for nearly all gear. How I do that is my own business. The only exception to that is some (not all) Arturia stuff because I'm a beta tester for them. When I demo Arturia gear, I make this known. Yes, I sell things on my website. It's a business and I am the marketing dept among everything else involved. Please buy my latest album and help make me famous ;)

FWIW, Fishman used to have one of my videos on their old FTP webpage. I didn't get anything for that. As for QC, it blew itself up and my mixer to go with it. It didn't really need my help. Ironically, some of the videos I made about QC before it blew up are still widely viewed. I'm still waiting for my check from NDSP.

Peace

TJ is about as far from a shill as you can get. Odd take.
This guy is obviously someone from the other place with an axe to grind with a few people over here. Including you. His insincere "I wanna be JT" nonsense is just that. The only person he's entertaining is himself.

Be careful. Jive’s gonna have a hard time avoiding those quotes.

Keep digging that hole brother…

digging wiener dog GIF by Giatec Scientific

But for internal sounds, it’s very good, and isn’t crippled like the FTP is
I only have experience with one Roland sample based guitar synth and it tracks its internal sounds very well. From what I've read that seems to be the case with all of them.
Yeah I'm no John McLaughlin but 0 For 1 gigging success was enough for me
Since our band only played for people who weren't listening anyway, not sure I've ever had a successful gig. I can't blame that on my gear. ok maybe three gigs that I can remember were successful but we had a couple of pro "ringers" along for those. Kind of like when an actor hires pros to play with them. Lol
I still have 2 FTP sitting in a drawer somewhere. It's only gear I own that I won't sell because I'm afraid the buyer will think it's a POS.
Hmmm... If you don't want to sell them perhaps send me one? PM me for my address.
I'm gonna blame this one on @Trollbait...
i'm just looking for something that works before shelling out $3,000 for a wired fret guitar that I can't return.

I'm not reading or hearing anything new in the GM800 yet except Roland found a way to sell slightly more updated cheesy sounds with a past/futuristic name that has the word zen in it like its some spiritual thing at its core. Zencore in ancient cultures means separating a man from his money. Lol.

Back