Boss GM-800 and GK-5

Ready to roll. I had to check the FM9 manual in a panic to figure out how to edit songs on the unit, since I had the wrong scene selected for a particular song, which would have given me a sax instead of an organ. A lot easier than I thought.
IMG_0520.jpeg
IMG_0521.jpeg

That setlist of songs :barf :rawk
Typical songs everyone expects a covers band to play.
Sorry, no disrespect at all, :beer
just that it's funny how this is what "the crowd" either want's to hear or expects to hear from a band.

There is always 'some dude' that shouts out 'play us something we all know', :idk
or some young fella comes up to your covers band and says "I love your originals" :facepalm

That setlist of songs :barf :rawk
Typical songs everyone expects a covers band to play.
Sorry, no disrespect at all, :beer
just that it's funny how this is what "the crowd" either want's to hear or expects to hear from a band.

There is always 'some dude' that shouts out 'play us something we all know', :idk
or some young fella comes up to your covers band and says "I love your originals" :facepalm
Heh. Yeah. We're playing a VFW tonight and these old folks tear the dance floor up every time. We also play Call Me the Breeze, so that takes care of the "play some Skynyrd" guy.

Heh. Yeah. We're playing a VFW tonight and these old folks tear the dance floor up every time. We also play Call Me the Breeze, so that takes care of the "play some Skynyrd" guy.

It’s called “entertainment”

Good job

Report back! I'm going on the maiden voyage as well!
Everything went well. EXCEPT, the piano patch decided to double every note I played for some reason. Like a super short delay or something. I probably need to mess with the sensitivity, but I had a limited time to mess with it since I just got it two days ago. But overall, it was much, much better than the SY-200 I had been using.

Everything went well. EXCEPT, the piano patch decided to double every note I played for some reason. Like a super short delay or something. I probably need to mess with the sensitivity, but I had a limited time to mess with it since I just got it two days ago. But overall, it was much, much better than the SY-200 I had been using.
That sounds great for only 2 days to work with it? On my end; Trumpets and flutes were great. Organ and 80s keyboard preset needs a lot of work. Both in cutting through and in VOLUME. The GM is super quiet. I'm going to need to go in and blast levels in global eq section of each scene to hang like the GR does. Overall, though; super pleased.

That sounds great for only 2 days to work with it? On my end; Trumpets and flutes were great. Organ and 80s keyboard preset needs a lot of work. Both in cutting through and in VOLUME. The GM is super quiet. I'm going to need to go in and blast levels in global eq section of each scene to hang like the GR does. Overall, though; super pleased.
If anything, mine was too loud. It was clipping the output of the FM9 every so often. Weird.

Sadly, some degree of “key bounce” is still par for the course when you trigger piano samples with guitar to MIDI conversion. Who knows why. I’ve got it almost dialed out with my JO rig, but not so well that I’d want to trust it on stage. (And to think I actually used GR55 pianos at a wedding gig once - what was I thinking??)

The Nate Navarro demo was killer.

I would love to see John Petrucci cover Jordan Rudess’s parts with the GM-800, and have Jordan cover John’s parts on keyboard, and then proceed to rip a hole in reality.

I wonder how much of the user base has no idea what this means :rofl
I was sitting here trying to think of the last time I watched this and I really have no recollection. Joe Piscapo is the thing in this that most people would probably have trouble recognizing

Back