Boss GM-800 and GK-5

I still say you all cray cray!

:sofa

:LOL:

I am glad I don't have that mutated gene that makes me want the kind of sounds on a guitar
that pisses Joe Bonamassa the fuck off. I mean, no one wants that, do they? :idk

:rofl

I kinda need this thing. But I just dropped a grand on an EV PXM, and it showed up before I had time to prep the wife, so... Crap. But I kinda need this thing.

I'm not sure why you would need to do that. Manual says just take a thumb drive and any wave extension goes to the root section, then make a folder ROLAND and another one inside that one named SOUNDS and then sdz and svz goes in those, and then stick it in the boss gm-800 usb memory port and follow the instructions to import etc.. Don't think you need zenology to do any of that?

All i wanna know is if any sdz / svz or exz file will work in gm-800 from the roland cloud manager, because all the packs seem to have the same extension, so why do they even make separate tabs for each hardware if they're all compatible.... I guess i'll find out when my gm-800 comes.
I'm only going off my experience using Roland Cloud and my AE-30 wind synth and Fantom 6. If/how the GM-800 is a different ball game remains to be seen for me. It wouldn't surprise me if Roland made it even more convoluted. One thing I do know for sure is those same GM-800 sound packs are available for all ZenCore gear at different price accessibility levels depending on the RC subscription you've got and what gear you're using.

If you really want to dig in, this thread might be a better help than me;

Camelot Pro
I just recently bought the iPad. I've only been using it, in a music context, for Logic Remote in my studio. I didn't like using iPads in music application before, but it seems to have developed into something I can work with now. I've not tried Camelot Pro. Looks like something I could use (y)

Keep me in mind when you sell yours.
7tlkeb.jpg

I've not tried Camelot Pro. Looks like something I could use (y)
Camelot Pro does a lot of different things, but boiled down, it's an audio and AU host with really thorough routing, control, and automation functionality. Obviously, it's only going to be useful to the extent that you're using other iOS apps to make music, but for me it's been a complete, mind-blowing game-changer. Everything I used to look to AUM to accomplish, and a lot more besides. With Jam Origin and a handful of AU plugins, it's just insane.

Last edited:
So got the "core" subscription for like $3 something after tax a month and downloaded / installed all the core packs etc.. Been playing with the zenology lite in my DAW and checking out the sounds. I like it very much. However very basic editing is allowed in this version. I may go through some sounds and over write them and export them to my computer for when the gm-800 comes.

I would go a step further and say if you aren't using alt tuning or guitar and amp modeling from the SY; I wouldn't even put it in the mix at all. Brock's thing is Brock's thing really no matter what gear he uses. I have my own cover band equivalent of this. The SY1000 is like a ROIDED out GP10. And I love it. But all I use live is GR55. And from the sounds of it, those activities (as well as the faster tracking dance-y synth stuff like Gaga that the GR doesn't do well) can be covered by the GM. Question is will I stick with what I have or do a hard switchover. We are our absolute busiest these next two months so I might dodge this bullet. Or I might dive in full bore :bag
2 months is enough time to read through a a couple of Roland/Boss manuals, figure out what features they didn’t put in the manuals, discuss and verify on the V-guitar forum, and wait for the 2 break out boxes to be shipped later.

2 months is enough time to read through a a couple of Roland/Boss manuals, figure out what features they didn’t put in the manuals, discuss and verify on the V-guitar forum, and wait for the 2 break out boxes to be shipped later.
Read through manuals?!?!?!?

Continuing my pointless contemplation on this and re-remembering beyond needing two cables for guitar and synth signals I also need to figure out my octave pedal solution since I use the pitch shifting on the GR55. They are really testing my pedalboard real estate patience with this thing :hmm :rofl

Remembering my old setup. I've found the diagram. These were the times!

Setup5.jpg

For regular guitar:
- Boss GT-Pro
- Egnater M4 tube preamp rack
- Eventide Eclipse
- Ada Micro-CAB

For MIDI guitar:
- Axon AX100 MKII
- Roland Fantom XR
- Clavia Nord Modular G2 Engine

For VG Instrument Modeling, and as a MIDI controller for all the devices
- The almighty tank-proof Roland VG8

Stage Monitor
- Roland KC-350

Before the Boss GT-Pro/Egnater/Eventide, there was a Marshall JMP1 / Boss GX-700. And for MIDI-Guitar the GR-30.
The VG-8 was already at the center of the universe
PelusoVG8.jpg

Last edited:
Back