Where should I go next?

Where to go next...

• Go back to Fractal. The Marshalls are calling you

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • Get a Helix. You'll be glad when you're editing/building presets

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • Go with another Kemper. You'll be glad you've got Performance mode during shows

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Give QC a second chance, it's learned it's lesson

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters
Isn't that the Nice thing about Fractal though ? can be as simple as a few knobs or can get get as complicated as building an amp or any effects to your tastes, which i would think would be appealing to many, the mad tweakers and the more simple basic function users :idk

I played an entire gig last Saturday with a 1959 SLP preset from Austin Buddy on my FM9 with the most recent beta firmware. I've gigged with Kemper, Helix and Fractal (Axe 2) previously and still own the Helix. Since it was a small bar, we didn't run the guitars through the PA. Running the FM9 through my Powercab+, I was able to keep up with the other guitarist's Marshall tube combo with no problems, and I daresay my tone was better than his. In previous bands, the Kemper and Helix, as well as Axe 2 had a bit of trouble holding their own with real tube amps. Right this minute, I'm the happiest I've been with my tone.

That being said, why am I GAS'ing for an Amped 1 and a 1x12? Son of a....

I played an entire gig last Saturday with a 1959 SLP preset from Austin Buddy on my FM9 with the most recent beta firmware. I've gigged with Kemper, Helix and Fractal (Axe 2) previously and still own the Helix. Since it was a small bar, we didn't run the guitars through the PA. Running the FM9 through my Powercab+, I was able to keep up with the other guitarist's Marshall tube combo with no problems, and I daresay my tone was better than his. In previous bands, the Kemper and Helix, as well as Axe 2 had a bit of trouble holding their own with real tube amps. Right this minute, I'm the happiest I've been with my tone.

That being said, why am I GAS'ing for an Amped 1 and a 1x12? Son of a....

Right? Why do I keep opening up browser tabs and looking at amps?

Right? Why do I keep opening up browser tabs and looking at amps?

Blake Shelton Nbc GIF by The Voice

If you still have the QC on your radar then I’d probably wait a week or two to see what’s in 2.0.
Do you honestly think it will be that soon? That'd make for a nice holiday break. (We get the week between Christmas and New Years, huzzah.)

One thing I definitely liked about Kemper was having all of those physical buttons and knobs on the device. It made it much faster/easier to tweak on the fly than any of the others.
I'd say the QC is in a close second (if not first) on this specific point. But from all you've said before, I still think the Kemper is most likely to keep you happy/ not unhappy. You're familiar, you (mostly) like the amp tones, you love performance mode, etc. etc.

But then ran dry again. They here’s the latest update:

UPDATE NOVEMBER 14, 2022:

In the time since the most recent FM9 invitations were sent, the unit has temporarily sold out.

Damnit! Thanks for the update. Just checked... my FM9 link has expired. I prevaricated vacillated for way too long. But I believe I can simply request another one from FAS sales.

So close to going all in, switching the FM3 for an FM9 and never looking back... so close .... so close 💫

Last edited:
Damnit! Thanks for the update. Just checked... my FM9 link has expired. I prevaricated vacillated for way too long. But I believe I can simply request another one from FAS sales.

So close to going all in, switching the FM3 for an FM9 and never looking back... so close .... so close 💫
Yeah, i think if you had a legit purchase link, and didn’t exercise your right to purchase, they may re-validate/replace it for you. The good news is - they were moving through the list at a fast pace before the recent temporary outage, because they got through the initial hump of waitlisters when the FM9 was first announced…

Why they keep running out ? do they order like 20 a month or something ??
all Fractal users are here, TGP and FAS forum dont see much more :rofl

Probably that dude who bought 18 FM3's on Reverb shipping them all overseas :p

Honestly I was close to getting on the FM9 list, then just decided screw it and got a used Axe 3. The price of the Axe is up to $2300 now and even though it's Super Street Fighter Mark 2 Turbo, I don't mind saving $500 either. Plus I wanted to be able to tweak at finger level, and I have an FC-12 already, and I didn't want to wait months for updates to trickle down if something cool gets released.

Also, right after 3.5 came out I was very close to selling off all my gear and getting a Helix Rack + Controller. But again having the FC-12 already and then lack of cheap used models kind of shot that down.

Back