Where should I go next?

Where to go next...

• Go back to Fractal. The Marshalls are calling you

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • Get a Helix. You'll be glad when you're editing/building presets

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • Go with another Kemper. You'll be glad you've got Performance mode during shows

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Give QC a second chance, it's learned it's lesson

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters
Not a bad idea! I've got a guitar I've had my eye on

I've seriously thought about racking both a Kemper and a AxeIII or Helix and having the best of both worlds.

Maybe a Kemper controlled by a Helix floor... Hmm
I wasn't necessarily even thinking for simultaneous use. You've flipped enough Fractal III/FM3 based rigs at this point that the small $50-75 hit you take with each flip, not to mention energy spent, and same with Kemper, start to have it make sense to...just hold onto it rather than flip it next go round.

Forgot about that. :confused:
I thought about using SPDIF with whatever FM I've had 46 times but trying to interface a regular guitar with that connection is just not something that's made easy. In my "investigative" travels, at least.

1669071974001.png

I also think the responses will be biased considering this is fractal forum v2.0. As far as the QC, have things been updated to be more feasible for you? I can't remember when you had yours and what has been updated since

I also think the responses will be biased considering this is fractal forum v2.0. As far as the QC, have things been updated to be more feasible for you? I can't remember when you had yours and what has been updated since
Is it though? If anything it's NOT QC Forum. And even then; Seed and MBenigni have been keeping that line of info moving for those that have asked?

I think a majority are either tube or fractal (could be wrong)
True. I'd say there's a good Helix contingent as well? Boss seems pretty much non-existent (except for me :bag ) and Kemper is pretty quiet in these parts as well.

I hope I’m not biased. I really like helix and fractal both. I’ve had both way too many times to count.

I only recommend fractal here because he says he doesn’t love the helix amps. If the core tone isn’t there you’re always going to have a wandering eye.

For me I like the sound and feel of the Kemper but not the effects or profile chasing. If there were like a Kemper mini at half price that may be tempting. But for me there’s a lot of compromises for the cash especially considering you can get an fm9 for the same price.

Having just decided to sell off my 3-4 different modelers to go to one, and having done that a couple times, I can easily say having multiple modelers is usually a bad idea. You spend more time playing with them and less time playing guitar. On the flip side if you really really like multiple units maybe it’s not a bad idea to hang onto them.

I just think if you get the modeler you want the most price be damned then you’ll likely stick with it longer. And then keep a tube amp and cab as an option because it sounds like you dig that as well.

Oh and I’ve never had a QC so no opinion. Would like to try one and like the form factor but it seems a bit limited for $2000.

I think a majority are either tube or fractal (could be wrong)
I mean, when you break it down to "tube and X", you could probably find enough Kemper and Helix users to say the majority is also tube and Kemper; or tube and Helix.

Regardless of the number of users per platform, overall the folks that are here seem a lot more interested in helping to solve contextual "problems" than to fight about which modeler is the objective best.

I mean, I currently run Fractal and Helix and my thoughts for metro is that if he can only choose one he should go Kemper....

If you're using cabs sims 3.5 really is an improvement for helix. Makes the amps sound better.

If you are set against helix I would just get an fm9 and call it a day. I think they are all good at this point and have tired on constantly changing.

Im Helix all the way, why? it just works for me, cant speak for other modelers though since ive never owned any of them
But The Helix works for me i can get any tone I want, sure I have to work hard at it, but 1 i really enjoy tweaking and 2 it does not interfere with my guitar practice

You’re a Kemper guy. Get whatever Kemper suits you, and complement with a few pedals. Maybe an HX Stomp in the FX loop?

(There must be some Marshall profiles out there somewhere, to scratch whatever itch…)

EDIT: Actually, I prefer your idea of Kemper with Helix floor for pre/post effects and MIDI control - if that’s not cost-prohibitive.

Last edited:
Back