What is a 'mature' modeler?

Welcome!
And to think my first post here was about the size of @Orvillain nuts :confused:
Gotta start somewhere. :)

But... but... 96 kHz!
I like recording at 96k because it feels like cumulative tracks have a little more depth to them. 48k still lets you record frequencies up to 24kHz which is typically more than enough for great guitar tones. I feel like I can hear and feel a difference between 44.1k and 48k with isolated guitar tracks, but it’s less noticeable going from 48k to 96k. But hey, that might be a result of 23 years on the road with cranked amps behind me.

MILF: Modeler I'd like to… Fractal?
9804AC09-228C-4DA2-B922-BAD5233CEBD1.gif

(Sorry to derail but TGP Sunday is now The Gear Forum Sunday!)

Strictly thinking about the word 'mature;' to me it reads "done with updates"

I was thinking more like:
If you are in multiple and very musically diverse touring bands or a professional studio musician and need EVERYTHING in one modeler for every situation a guitarist might encounter.
* That includes an overnight set-list change without an internet connection miles around, and you and your bandmates only have Nokia 3310's.

I should add that I love Mr. Eric Klein, and I hope that my comments here don't make him feel sad. Still rooting for his lovely team at L6. I'll definitely swing back to check out their new goodies in the future; another purchase will be made some day. Hell, I might as well just post him the cheque now 😃
Agreed. I love Line6 specifically because of Eric and Frank.

“Mature” gained popularity as a gear term when used in defense, by comparison, of problematic products, not as an accurate characterization of stuff that works. Line 6, Fractal and Kemper were all used successfully on stage and in the studio from day one. People who throw the m-word around know that too, they just don’t like to admit it. If you’re de facto beta testing a big ticket device that lacks advertised functionality and actually constrains your music-making, there’s every reason to suspect that that device may never be “mature”.

ymmv

Another thing that defines a mature modeler in my opinion is a function that became essential through the years.

For example Snapshots and the equivalent in Fractal, no modeler without this functionality can be considered 'mature' by today's standards.
Or flexible routing chain with free positioning and splitting, something that Fractal pioneered, Line 6 cleverly adapted, and NDSP ripped off with zero change.

Maybe the mature of today is not very mature by tomorrow's new standard, it has always been about innovation.
Today's innovation is tomorrows essentiality.
Smart phone and car industry comes to mind, and maybe Modelers are no different.

Another thing that defines a mature modeler in my opinion is a function that became essential through the years.

For example Snapshots and the equivalent in Fractal, no modeler without this functionality can be considered 'mature' by today's standards.
Or flexible routing chain with free positioning and splitting, something that Fractal pioneered, Line 6 cleverly adapted, and NDSP ripped off with zero change.

Maybe the mature of today is not very mature by tomorrow's new standard, it has always been about innovation.
Today's innovation is tomorrows essentiality.
Smart phone and car industry comes to mind, and maybe Modelers are no different.
I’d also like if they could take Headrush’s approach to looper, being that it’s outside the signal chain and dsp.

(not entirely true… it probably has allocation like everything else, but the users current preset has the same amount of dsp available regardless)

It still can be placed first or last in a chain. Only downside if it’s not block, it’s not freely placable.

Back