What do you want from a modeller that the current options don't give you???

hot swap preamp/power amps
power amp only
true effects loop between preamp/power amp

annnnd component level tweaking of pot values, bright cap, input, gain stages, phase inverter, feedback, transformer, power filtering, output, etc like Revalver has. forget gui, idk if it's a literal spreadsheet mode tucked away in settings
882pv8.jpg

I think it’ll sink the company. I feel as though he bit off more than he can chew.
This is my fear as well and that would be another big loss - a manufacturer that does something different from the rest of the market. The last news about the Amp X is that we will get more info at NAMM in January. I guess they will do a "paper launch" then, but actual store availability might take some time. They seem to be pushing people to get the Amp 1 models atm, but that might be just standard holiday sales stuff.

I'm pretty sure it won't satisfy someone who uses a current Fractal or Line6 device, but I might still be the kind of user who will go for it.

For me whether I have 3 amp models or 300 makes little difference, as long as at least one of them is great to me. I like the idea of having everything, but realistically have a pretty narrow set of things that are "must haves". Give me a good Marshall style overdrive from the amp, into a Greenback style cab, with a good compressor, boost, tape delay and plate reverb and I'm going to be happy.

Being able to plug into a real cab or fullrange systems without jumping through any extra hoops like finding the "perfect" poweramp is convenient. For cab sims it won't do the virtual movable mic things, but I thought a good number of the BluGuitar Blubox cab sims were really good - I really should have made IRs of them when I had one, or just kept the box since it was simple, convenient and I bought it real cheap.

What do you mean by component placement?
Processing block placement/order in the signal chain.
Do you mean you have the ability to change virtual values like coupling caps and bias resistors, etc, because that's to what I'm referring.
You can change bright cap values, tonestack type, center frequency, and placement in the virtual amp, output stage bias, power supply sag, transformer match, etc.

You might want to read the appropriate section of the Axe-Fx manual, as it appears possible that it can already accommodate your wish.

It’s got to have an expression pedal. That might be the hill I die on. All in one means all in one.

I always thought that way until recently. But these days, at home I have my pedalboard lifted up, so I can easily dial things in. With a built in EXP pedal, I wouldn't be able to use it, but I can just comfortably place it on the floor.

There's still missing pieces of the puzzle.

damping (not enough). i don't think from the speaker, there's a mushyness from cascading gain tubes that i miss in modeling. only parameter that brings it back is cathode resistance. some kind of bias damping of sorts. it feels like bias excursion flexes correctly but the harmonics are too together/synchronized. each gain stage should clip on its own time, in modeling at SHARC speed it feels like they all clip too tightly, too fast for the harmonics to fully bloom.

power supply filtering/parasitics (turn down screen Freq/Q to ~2/.2, cleans up like a dream)

component tolerance variation (modeled components need to all be offset from each other with their real world tolerance variance, see brainworx 'tolerance modeling technology')

Touching on something @laxu mentioned, I’d like to see more collaboration and licensing of technology, more official endorsements. I like that Marshall partnered with Softube (even if the results were a bit hit and miss). I think the best ideas come from combining different skills and expertise.

I think every single company trying to do everything in house is somewhat redundant, and maybe means some companies are spending more time playing catch up than bringing their best skills to the table.

So far a lot of officially licenced stuff makes me assume “cash grab and inadequate modelling” but I don’t think that needs to be the way.

Processing block placement/order in the signal chain.

You can change bright cap values, tonestack type, center frequency, and placement in the virtual amp, output stage bias, power supply sag, transformer match, etc.

You might want to read the appropriate section of the Axe-Fx manual, as it appears possible that it can already accommodate your wish.
I get what you're saying, but I mean a scenario like in a real amp schematic. The ability to create your own from scratch -- that means the order and value of caps, resistors, tube types, voltages, and of course controlling how the gain stages work along the signal path. A complete amp designing, modeling platform, from input to output.

I know this is probably not a realistic idea at this point, and the level of modeling involved would be crazy and resource hungry, so not sure it's currently possible or worth it. We have a lot of great options already.

hot swap preamp/power amps
power amp only
true effects loop between preamp/power amp

annnnd component level tweaking of pot values, bright cap, input, gain stages, phase inverter, feedback, transformer, power filtering, output, etc like Revalver has. forget gui, idk if it's a literal spreadsheet mode tucked away in settings
882pv8.jpg
Is this in a standalone plugin or a current modeler?

One more thing, I would rather see a move to multiple screens with unique purposes than one big touch screen.

For example:

On Kemper Stage I can turn on the tuner but still see my full signal chain and access any part of it with a button press.

On every other device I turn on the tuner and I can’t see anything but the tuner because all info is on one shared screen

Is this in a standalone plugin

just in Revalver (plugin) as far as i know, you can tweak the value of every little part hanging off of every tube, part, phase inverter and every gain pot, and tone stack EQ center freq and slope. not just inside the amps tho, you can schematic tweak the other effects too (distortion pedals). I think the only other place you can do that while playing through it is LiveSpice. Idk if LiveSpice is real time, don't have it just heard about it

Back