What do you find different?

Feel: Immediacy and overall response to varying levels of picking dynamics. Also informed by perceived (or not perceived) latency of the system as a whole.

This is it for me.

Playing into studio monitors is something I'm used to because I've never had an amp in a control room while tracking and it took a little bit to get used to that, the disconnected feeling of not having the sound of the speakers hit my legs or leaning one way left and getting some feedback when I wanted it.

Playing a modeler into actual guitar cabs completely removes this situation for me and is by far, above straight tube amps, my favorite thing to do. Especially now in Fractal land where we can dial that stuff in with intention, rather than randomly buying a half stack and hoping it hits all the feel spots in the right way.

This is it for me.

Playing into studio monitors is something I'm used to because I've never had an amp in a control room while tracking and it took a little bit to get used to that, the disconnected feeling of not having the sound of the speakers hit my legs or leaning one way left and getting some feedback when I wanted it.

Playing a modeler into actual guitar cabs completely removes this situation for me and is by far, above straight tube amps, my favorite thing to do. Especially now in Fractal land where we can dial that stuff in with intention, rather than randomly buying a half stack and hoping it hits all the feel spots in the right way.
Ab-so-lutely! Guitar cabs are my favorite.

I'm neutral between modelers and tube amps. But the one most noticeable thing modelers are missing is the smell of warm tubes. Can't wait for someone in the modeling universe to get that right.

I'm neutral between modelers and tube amps. But the one most noticeable thing modelers are missing is the smell of warm tubes. Can't wait for someone in the modeling universe to get that right.
Yeah the smell of hot tubes with a hint of the chronic. That’s the ticket.

Back