What Did You Do With Your Guitar(s) Today?

View attachment 8381
View attachment 8382
Cleaned up and restrung Gwen today, one of my wife's acoustic guitars. Preparing for our camping trip while simultaneously preparing for her starting up her guitar classes again. She just came up on a bunch of ukes so I'll have to restrung those too.

And she names them, not me. They're easier to keep track of with names.
My girlfriend insists I name my guitars and even tries to get me to name the pedals as well. Lol

Are they all girl's names? Just curious is all. ;)

And props to restringing/cleaning her instruments for her! (I hate even doing mine.)
No, not all girl names. There's a Bob, Elvis, Cash, I forget the others. Some of them just have numbers.

I really suck at all things not electric guitars so these nylon restringings are a learning experience as well as maintenance. I use the guitars myself, it's always nice to have a guitar handy. One in every room, her classroom, I have one at work.

It's getting easier so I think I'm doing something right

Trying to hone in on some Strat love. Changing up how and what I play. Maybe falling into a John
Mayer wormhole and wondering if I have already lost the last shred of sanity I never had. :crazy

The one cool thing is Strats really open up the mix and seem to let the other instruments breathe
more. Why is that? Do Strats take up less of the overall frequency spectrum than other types of
guitars and pickups? :idk

It's fun to listen to what a Strat (SSS) wants me to do, rather than me trying to force it to do what
it may not be so great at.

Trying to hone in on some Strat love. Changing up how and what I play. Maybe falling into a John
Mayer wormhole and wondering if I have already lost the last shred of sanity I never had. :crazy

The one cool thing is Strats really open up the mix and seem to let the other instruments breathe
more. Why is that? Do Strats take up less of the overall frequency spectrum than other types of

It's fun to listen to what a Strat (SSS) wants me to do, rather than me trying to force it to do what
I LOVE the sound of my strat in the band mix. It has that strat thing that stands out and defines it's own frequency spectrum within the whole but just lets everything else occupy it's own space.

Strat definitely sits nice in the mix. Nothing sounds quite like one. I even like forcing some high gain chugs out of my SSS strat sometimes :ROFLMAO:

Seeing ol' Mayer and Company this weekend

I never got any of that good stuff from the one I owned. It just did nothing for me. It was a MIM Strat as I recall. Maybe that has something to do with it. I honestly don't know.

Finally got around to doing a service/maintenance on the guitar I picked up last month. Plays and sounds real nice…
IMG_0246.jpeg

I GOT MY Overture 1928 sextuplet run UP TO TEMPO TONIGHT!! :rawk :rawk :rawk And pretty clean too. Needs a bit more work to polish it, but then I'm DONE. I've decided that's my personal riff speed limit. I can barely pick that fast. Good thing it's all downward pick slant, and no back-and-forth on any strings.

Finally. Time to focus on boomer-bends and legato stuff now.

Also, can we normalize making fans/friends/family waiting 10-20 minutes after the end of a set/changeover before dumping flattery upon you?

I love the attention and ego boosts but now my IEMs are nowhere to be found :cry::facepalm

Back