What Did You Do With Your Guitar(s) Today?

For the first time in several months I ran the gear gauntlet this morning. I essentially played (almost) every guitar and amp I own.

I started with the Two-Rock CRS, followed by the Mark VII, King Kong 50, Fillmore 50, JVM 410H, Badlander 100, and finally the OR15H.

Next, I need to update the AxeFX3 with the latest v27 beta. It's been a great guitar day!

:beer

Oooooh, might be time to upgrade the Stranny!

Too early to say, gotta give it at least a week or 4, but so far I'm loving what I'm hearing.

Of course it has Fishman's in it before and they just didn't work (neither the Moderns or the Dev T's - although they were def. better). Thing was so thin sounding.

Felt like playing some metal today so I grabbed the Edwards and started playing.....my right hand is like "Heh....ya wanna ignore me for about 4 weeks and expect me to play along? Fuck you, buddy" Absolutely crazy how stiff it felt doing any tight picking and right before that 4 week mark I was really stoked with where my right hand was.

Learning a couple Gojira tunes to work it back to good health!

Sitting here at my desk playing straight through this guy because my hip is jacked and getting down the hallway takes a few minutes. :love :clint
20240817_192758.jpg

#springchicken

Felt like playing some metal today so I grabbed the Edwards and started playing.....my right hand is like "Heh....ya wanna ignore me for about 4 weeks and expect me to play along? Fuck you, buddy" Absolutely crazy how stiff it felt doing any tight picking and right before that 4 week mark I was really stoked with where my right hand was.

Learning a couple Gojira tunes to work it back to good health!
I hope you stretched it and warmed up first.

I had this one back on the bench. My #1. My Carvin ST300C. The vol pot was shot.
The problem was Carvin uses mini pots, and they install them so close to the cavity wall it makes replacing them with a std sized pot virtually impossible. This pot replacement turned ou to be a bigger pia than anticipated

Attachments

• #1 Carvin ST300C.jpg
    #1 Carvin ST300C.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1354.JPG
    IMG_1354.JPG
    362 KB · Views: 12
The right hand thing has been interesting, it’s improving but slowly. While I’m used to not playing for a couple weeks and needing a couple days of time to get back into shape, this feels like I went back in time a few years and it’s taking more than a couple days. Stuff I had zero problems plowing through previously are presenting challenges, my wrist is getting tired REALLY fast and I can’t seem to loosen it up the way I know it needs to be.

Curious if something happened during the last few weeks to fuck with it. There’s no pain, it doesn’t feel any different, but once I cross over 140bpm I’m hitting walls FAST and I was comfortable up to 210bpm previously. I’m not overly concerned because I can tell the progress is happening, just really weird that I’ve taken such a huge step back.

Back