What Did You Do With Your Guitar(s) Today?

Sorry, I guess I should have started a bee thread instead!?

Bees buzz.
Guitars often buzz.

community-ken-jeong.gif

Last edited:
Back to guitars... I'm thinking of replacing my black tele's pickguard from white to black. The tuxedo look is cool but I want to change it up. I need a black on black guitar anyways. :unsure:
I've already removed it and disconnected some wiring too. I'm going to stick a full size strat single in there. It will be a black, Dimarzio Virtual vintage '54 pro and put an Area T hot in the bridge. I have both pickups already. Only mod I need to do is rout the hole bigger for the neck single, but that's no biggie. I'll also take the opportunity to refret the neck. It's a 7.25 radius and has the original vintage frets that surprisingly play ok but they are very worn so it's time to change. I'll be putting EVO jumbos in. Keeping the brass nut, although will have to shim it.

No idea why and how we are losing all the vast wealth of our best Pollinators.

:sofa
Honestly if it was bees I’d have called to have them professionally taken and removed. Zero issues with actual bees. Yellow jackets though? They’re mean fuckers who are spiteful just to be spiteful. Even if I hadn’t disturbed their home they’d be assholes.

Great work man! I’ve been doing similar things with some Hammett licks. Similar thing with the repeating patterns. Four Horsemen has some fun ones in its solos so I zeroed in on those.

Been trying to learn a couple Ratt/DeMartini solos and licks. Lay it Down and Nobody Rides for Free. Also been kind of noodling Mr Scary? Like getting the riffs and grooves down. A couple of the lead fills too. I’m nowhere near a George Lynch but it’s fun to attempt some of these things in small steps.

And I picked up today and everything I tried playing sounded like ass. Just in a funk or something? I don’t know. I’ll try again a little later and if it still sucks I’ll give it a day or two off.

Great work man! I’ve been doing similar things with some Hammett licks. Similar thing with the repeating patterns. Four Horsemen has some fun ones in its solos so I zeroed in on those.

Been trying to learn a couple Ratt/DeMartini solos and licks. Lay it Down and Nobody Rides for Free. Also been kind of noodling Mr Scary? Like getting the riffs and grooves down. A couple of the lead fills too. I’m nowhere near a George Lynch but it’s fun to attempt some of these things in small steps.
i think thats the best way to learn and progress, it works for me.

Today i spent time playing classical guitar ( lots of flamenco ripa ripa andere stuff lol )

Dialed in some more stuff on my Boss GT1000 Core that I just got. Apparently, the dividers/mixers, even if you aren't using them, affect the volume/sound. Not particularly fond of that, but it is good to know. The various volumes are a bit excessive (send/return for the loops, which I use for my Syn-2 preamps, the system level on the face of the device, the patch level, direct levels on every effect, etc). Some of this was present on the MS-3. The stuff that wasn't just requires experimentation and going with what sounds best.

What I really like is that you can save effects as stompboxes. That's pretty useful if you plan to use certain effects settings, or close to it, such as using the dual delay on a bunch of patches, but just change the time of the delays. Definitely enjoying the latency, as it is pretty unnoticeable.

Back