What Did You Do With Your Guitar(s) Today?

The right hand thing has been interesting, it’s improving but slowly. While I’m used to not playing for a couple weeks and needing a couple days of time to get back into shape, this feels like I went back in time a few years and it’s taking more than a couple days. Stuff I had zero problems plowing through previously are presenting challenges, my wrist is getting tired REALLY fast and I can’t seem to loosen it up the way I know it needs to be.

Curious if something happened during the last few weeks to fuck with it. There’s no pain, it doesn’t feel any different, but once I cross over 140bpm I’m hitting walls FAST and I was comfortable up to 210bpm previously. I’m not overly concerned because I can tell the progress is happening, just really weird that I’ve taken such a huge step back.
Try to work on gallops (8th, 16th 16th) and reverse gallops (16th 16th, 8th). Even if you can get them too fast, it will (or should) allow you to get more agile.

Man, this playing guitar thing is such a sanctuary. It's offered me refuge
from life's shitstorming as long as I have been playing. I love it so much! :love

It's just a blessing to be able to be able to strap on a guitar, or sit down
with one, and get lost from the madness for a bit. Or give voice to the
madness, and exorcise ourselves from some contagious nonsense. :beer

Try to work on gallops (8th, 16th 16th) and reverse gallops (16th 16th, 8th). Even if you can get them too fast, it will (or should) allow you to get more agile.

I’m Gojira’ing my way through it, I just keep playing “Standed”, “Vacuity” and “Silvera” over and over. There’s enough riff changes without the tempo being too brutal to work me back to good health!

I’m Gojira’ing my way through it, I just keep playing “Standed”, “Vacuity” and “Silvera” over and over. There’s enough riff changes without the tempo being too brutal to work me back to good health!
Also, goes without saying, do not over do it. You'll fuck yourself even further.

Sometimes you can’t beat classic, simple tone recipes. This one is tele -> green rhino (TS) -> deluxe.

It’s such a familiar tone, perfect compression, great balance. Add a delay and I could cover a whole set.

image0.jpeg

Tone is in the ball in a ball.

Sometimes you can’t beat classic, simple tone recipes. This one is tele -> green rhino (TS) -> deluxe.

It’s such a familiar tone, perfect compression, great balance. Add a delay and I could cover a whole set.

View attachment 27077

Tone is in the ball in a ball.
That's a sweet tele. Love the neck flaming. :chef
I have the MKIV as well, and I agree, it into a clean Fender (twin reverb in my case) with a tele is about all you need.

That's a sweet tele. Love the neck flaming. :chef
I have the MKIV as well, and I agree, it into a clean Fender (twin reverb in my case) with a tele is about all you need.
Are you using the classic mode? I like both but am finding a small bump in the 100hz knob really rounds up the tele nicely. I think I push up the 500hz very slightly as well.

Grossly underrated pedal.

Are you using the classic mode? I like both but am finding a small bump in the 100hz knob really rounds up the tele nicely. I think I push up the 500hz very slightly as well.

Grossly underrated pedal.
I pretty much always use the mod mode. I do like bumping up the 500hz to about 2:00ish, 100hz around 12:00 but depends on how loud I got the amp going. I'll cut some when needed because the twin can get thumpy on its own.
Classic mode sounds pretty darn close to my stock TS9, although I think the TS9 has just a wee bit sweeter high end presence.

I tried my best to write something today and my playing was even worse than usual and I had zero creative spark. I went back to the old idea folder and hated all of those too. :ROFLMAO:

The music gods have spoken today…

magicians middle finger GIF by SYFY
Usually, you need to listen to something new and/or something that will inspire you to write something.

Back