What Did You Do With Your Guitar(s) Today?

Today, it's time for a throw down between my latest acquisition vs old standby.

Asher HT vs JPC AJ

I suspect there can be only one winner.

Me :banana

rs=w:1440,h:1440

Filling on lead guitar for a gig with a 7+ piece jam/funk band in October. I've sat in with them several times and filled in for a whole show once before, so dusting off what I can remember of their tunes. These shows are always fun as they pull much larger crowds than my own band does lol

I'm a pretty middling lead player so not sure why they keep asking me but I'm not complaining :LOL:

Filling on lead guitar for a gig with a 7+ piece jam/funk band in October. I've sat in with them several times and filled in for a whole show once before, so dusting off what I can remember of their tunes. These shows are always fun as they pull much larger crowds than my own band does lol

I'm a pretty middling lead player so not sure why they keep asking me but I'm not complaining :LOL:
Because you're reliable? Because they like you? Because you get on with the lot of them? Because you aren't a problem?

Take your pick. It doesn't matter if you can play circles around every one if you're unreliable and shoot yourself in the foot with self sabotage consistently. You can be some that can be depended on with some abilities, or you can be Vinnie Vincent. Sure you might be able to "play" well (taste notwithstanding), but if you're a pain, no one gives a shit. They'd rather someone who is okay over a pain in the ass. Every single time.

Ordered a new pickguard for my Ibanez AZ2204, mint green to go with the aged white plastics for a little more classic look. I've been running a Suhr Thornbucker Plus with a pair of Suhr ML's for a while but will swap back over to Dimarzio Area 61's for a while as the hum is driving me nuts. Also need to hit the pots with some cleaner.

Pickguard will probably take a few weeks to get her from South Korea so will be a fun surprise I guess?

0a7dd00adf07kX2bzuxBGWtyW2rD4KxcOJYWMA9m.wm-lh.png

I put all my guitars back in their cases or bags to better protect them and regain the storage space where the cases were. Mrs. TJ came into the room as I was lining them all up. It took a bit of convincing that they all were always there the whole time lol.

Last edited:
I got my Boss MS-3 setup basically just to change channels on my Synergy Syn-2 preamps (which it was already doing) and turn Boss GT1000 Core effects on/off (which it wasn't already doing). With the Boss GT1000 Core and two Mission Engineering EP-1 expression pedals, I have removed the Digitech Whammy DT, Morley Little Alligator volume pedal, and Boss BF-3 Flanger.

I'm probably getting a Pedaltrain Terra 42 to clean up things some. The Boss MS-3 will be replaced in October or November with the Boss ES-8 that I have on order from Sweetwater.

I got my Boss MS-3 setup basically just to change channels on my Synergy Syn-2 preamps (which it was already doing) and turn Boss GT1000 Core effects on/off (which it wasn't already doing). With the Boss GT1000 Core and two Mission Engineering EP-1 expression pedals, I have removed the Digitech Whammy DT, Morley Little Alligator volume pedal, and Boss BF-3 Flanger.

I'm probably getting a Pedaltrain Terra 42 to clean up things some. The Boss MS-3 will be replaced in October or November with the Boss ES-8 that I have on order from Sweetwater.
Forgot to mention this: the only thing that could be better on the GT1000 Core is the pedal bend effect. The effect is not polyphonic, so if you try to pitch bend multiple notes, such as in a chord, it sounds very ugly. The pitch shift (replacing the DT portion of the whammy pedal) is polyphonic and works well in my initial tests.

Forgot to mention this: the only thing that could be better on the GT1000 Core is the pedal bend effect. The effect is not polyphonic, so if you try to pitch bend multiple notes, such as in a chord, it sounds very ugly. The pitch shift (replacing the DT portion of the whammy pedal) is polyphonic and works well in my initial tests.
Chord whammy model?

Not something I'd normally do... but I distressed this guitar as if it had been dropped in the mud and wiped off. :ROFLMAO:
I put a light satin clear over it, it's still curing. Will take a scotch pad to it afterwards.
This has been an off/on project for a long while -- and I've mentioned before that the old original Kramer neck just wasn't working for me, not to mention it already had some hairline cracks at the locking nut. Neck is too thin for me now and not worth fixing imo. So I'll be ordering a Warmoth neck SOON.

:farley
Maybe do a wenge/ebony or goncalo/ebony, boatneck, 22 SS frets, and maybe, just maybe, a full scallop too.
And I've decided I'm going to use my vintage EMG's for this one. An S and 81 (or 85), and they already have the natural wear so they'll be a good fit. Still have the black Schaller and will more than likely get a d-tuna added. Will need to rout out a bit for that.

IMG_1916.jpg

Pickup this very minty, well actually satin surf green, EVH Wofgang Special from a local seller. I've always wanted one of these and finally found one for the right price.

I'm doing some setup work on the D-Tuna bridge. The bridge is decked to the body. I usually prefer to float the bridge, but I think I'm gonna leave it that way for now.

Dive, dive dive....

Pickup this very minty, well actually satin surf green, EVH Wofgang Special from a local seller. I've always wanted one of these and finally found one for the right price.

I'm doing some setup work on the D-Tuna bridge. The bridge is decked to the body. I usually prefer to float the bridge, but I think I'm gonna leave it that way for now.

Dive, dive dive....

Nice score! Dig the color. I've never used a d-tuna so looking forward to it.

Back