What Did You Do With Your Guitar(s) Today?

I use it on the trem edges / posts because it is a point of friction. On the fine tuning screws because when they age they are not smooth. At this second hand guitar the micro-tuners were quite stuck at some points, even though everything looks like new. Now they turn smoothly all the way up and down.

Sex Ed Hannah GIF by HannahWitton

Dry synthetic lubricant does not attract dust or grime.
I have about a dozen Ibanez Edge trems from 87 and 88. I think that qualifies as "aged"... No issues for me, but your environment could also be a factor.

I got my buttercream Fender Player Stratocaster put back together. I think the battery clip and shorting clip (I use an external power supply from EMG) were not connecting properly and caused an issue. So I got new stuff to be able to troubleshoot basically any issue I might have had. I decided to use the new EMG 5 way Stratocaster selector switch I got, and took a blue shunt, then placed it on the battery +/- pins on the switch, which does basically the same thing as what I had on there in the past. Everything works well now with the EMG H1A/S1/S1 pickups I put in there. I will need to take a photo.

Anyways: I'm thinking about upgrading from my Boss MS-3 and getting a Line 6 Helix. I'd put the Synergy Syn-2 in the first loop, and some Marshall reissue pedals (Bluesbreaker, Drivemaster, Shredmaster, Guv'nor) in the remaining loops. Maybe it will also replace my Boss BF-3 Flanger/MXR EVH Flanger (I swap back and forth from time to time) and/or my Whammy DT.

Anyone do this (at least Helix + Synergy Syn-2)? Does it ruin the feel too much? Any tips/tricks to set up the Helix when I first get it so that it pairs well with my setup?

Replaced the G string! :facepalm

It popped, and once again, my cat didn't hesitate..., comes running. Lemme play with it! Which I would do, if he wouldn't keep wanting to put the damn thing in his mouth!!

And me, knowing I shouldn't do this, looped it, and played with him, and his claw got my finger trying to grab it! :cussOk, we're done!

Dumb animal human. :whistle

Unfortunately, nothing. I don't play much on weekends (I will probably need to start changing that). I've, unfortunately, been a tad too amused by something who supposedly "isn't Vinnie Vincent" argue with KISS fans, yet types VERY MUCH in a certain way that WOULD SEEM TO IMPLY that this person is indeed VINNIE VINCENT.

Yet the website owner of the forum says it isn't him.

By the way, this is even worse than Sebastian Bach arguing with people on Blabbermouth while drunk.

In better news, though, I am researching various options for my pedalboard updates I want to make (such as getting a multi FX and a midi loop switcher). Boss MD-500, RV-500, and DD-500 are options, though that would take up quite a bit of space (then again, so would a GT1000 or Helix floor, which I am also considering).

Weird thing with my S5570Q today

Neck AirNorton pickup level was very low. Turning down the tone pot did totally cancel the volume.

Visual inspection, shaking cables and things... no change.

Unfortunately, I found that my multi meter is broken, so I used the soldering iron for testing:

1.- Disconnect the neck-pup tap (to discard a leak to ground in that section the switch). No changes.
2.- Swap the hot wire of the neck-pup with the mid-pup (to discard a false connection at the switch Neck position). Neck-pup sound OK (with the switch at position 3, of course)
3.- .... but... The mid-pup (at the Neck position) was also OK. That means that the switch Neck position is ok :wat
4.- Rewire everything as it was. Now the level of the neck-pup is normal

Maybe there was a false connection at the switch, or some metal scrap, and it was corrected after the maneuver.

It is strange, though. I am thinking about buying a new switch, because I am going to adopt this guitar as the #1 for gigs and I don't want that to happen again.
1.jpg

The guy that replaced the original pickups didn't do a neat job.

Weird thing with my S5570Q today

Neck AirNorton pickup level was very low. Turning down the tone pot did totally cancel the volume.

Visual inspection, shaking cables and things... no change.

Unfortunately, I found that my multi meter is broken, so I used the soldering iron for testing:

1.- Disconnect the neck-pup tap (to discard a leak to ground in that section the switch). No changes.
2.- Swap the hot wire of the neck-pup with the mid-pup (to discard a false connection at the switch Neck position). Neck-pup sound OK (with the switch at position 3, of course)
3.- .... but... The mid-pup (at the Neck position) was also OK. That means that the switch Neck position is ok :wat
4.- Rewire everything as it was. Now the level of the neck-pup is normal

Maybe there was a false connection at the switch, or some metal scrap, and it was corrected after the maneuver.

It is strange, though. I am thinking about buying a new switch, because I am going to adopt this guitar as the #1 for gigs and I don't want that to happen again.
View attachment 26043
The guy that replaced the original pickups didn't do a neat job.
Some of those look like slop salad. I'm not great at soldering (and hate it, quite frankly), but yeesh. That's not great looking.

Back