What Did You Do With Your Guitar(s) Today?

I’m fortunate in that I’m only doing this because I miss doing it, it’s not out of any need for my creative side, that’s all taken care of by myself and far more efficiently than I ever could in a band situation. The second any BS pops up, I’m out. I simply don’t need the BS or the band enough to deal with it.

No different than being in a relationship, I know my worth as a player and what I’ll bring to the table, I take my ball and go home when things get stupid. They either get ‘goofy dude always in a good mood who will play every set/practice at about 95% and doesn’t give a shit about money or what songs are’ or nothin’ at all. I think that’s a fair deal! :rofl

In my experience, a degree of BS is inevitable with the passage of time. It's going to happen. :idk

It's just how much of it, and whether it sticks to you or not.

May you don some teflon, and wear protection. :beer

In my experience, a degree of BS is inevitable with the passage of time. It's going to happen. :idk

It's just how much of it, and whether it sticks to you or not.

May you don some teflon, and wear protection. :beer

I should probably define BS for when I actually meet everyone - ‘the stuff that gets in the way of playing’

IDGAF if Billy and Sally are fighting like cats and dogs before/after practice/gig, as long as they STFU and play when everyone else does!

I received the two Gotoh GE1996T bridges and two pairs of Gotoh Magnum locking tuners. I plan to install those this weekend most likely. I'll use the OFR bridge studs I bought.

I also plan to, at some point, get some OFR base plates in nickel and gold to basically have OFR/1000 hybrids and see which I prefer on my Ltd M-1 Custom 87 Series guitars.

We had a local music fest for years. Chevelle and Seether were both there the same year iirc
girl crying GIF

I could have fun watching that show. And I see you over there with Drew and your arms folded. :LOL:

Nathan Fillion Firefly GIF by HULU

I should probably define BS for when I actually meet everyone - ‘the stuff that gets in the way of playing’

IDGAF if Billy and Sally are fighting like cats and dogs before/after practice/gig, as long as they STFU and play when everyone else does!

My point still stands. :LOL:

I'm older than dirt. I only have so many shows and gigs left in me.

Hence, my new appreciation for shit I would have ridiculed in the
past. :LOL:

You'd hate the list we are working up, JT! It has Chevelle, Seether,
AND Theory of a Deadman. :pickle

I'm sure it will be fun as hell and look forward to your future reports. :beer

I could have fun watching that show. And I see you over there with Drew and your arms folded. :LOL:

Nathan Fillion Firefly GIF by HULU

I think Drew digs Chevelle. If the turd react is any evidence :columbo

I dig a few of their tunes and when I went to Rockville, felt the weekend didn’t truly start until their set, which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Seether…..eh, not so much. They’re a band where I don’t understand the appeal at all.

But I don’t dig Chevelle enough that the few tunes I do dig, if they played them, would make it worth going to see both bands.

Seether and Chevelle tix incoming for both @DrewJD82 and @JiveTurkey . :banana

I hope there is a back wall for you guys to lean on and cast epic heaps of judgment
towards the stage. :cuss:satan

Have fun!!! :beer

:rofl

I’m not judging, I just don’t like ‘em and while I don’t understand why people like Seether, I’m 100% fine never finding out the answer. :rofl

You can add Breaking Benjamin, Staind, most of Godsmack, Disturbed after their 2nd album, etc to that list. Pretty sure I’m learning a song from each of those bands, too. :rofl

Seether and Chevelle tix incoming for both @DrewJD82 and @JiveTurkey . :banana

I hope there is a back wall for you guys to lean on and cast epic heaps of judgment
towards the stage. :cuss:satan

Have fun!!! :beer

:rofl

Being in Cover Bands we are all destined to play more songs we don't love than
songs we do. Unless you are a liar!

Jodie Foster Oscars GIF by The Academy Awards
Sometimes you have to suck it up and get on with things in the name of $
Always Sunny Sunnyfxx GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

The last cover band I was in we had Make It (Fake It? wtf knows) by Seether on the list. I had to mime that song because my brain could somehow not allow itself to take in that dead simple 4 chord progression :oops: :ROFLMAO:

Being in Cover Bands we are all destined to play more songs we don't love than
songs we do. Unless you are a liar!

Ok, what's the minimum percentage of good vs. bad songs people are willing to endure to play in a cover band? I got an example set list from someone a couple of weeks ago and it went like this:

Dancing Days
The Ocean

I love Zeppelin, but not my favorite Zeppelin songs. Still doable.

Comfortably Numb
Money

I feel like Comfortably Numb is a really hard song to pull off without it being an absolute drag. Money is fine, probably fun to play.

Children of the Grave

Hey, some Sabbath!

Badge

Confused Little Girl GIF

Hawaii Five-O Theme
Peter Gunn Theme
Munsters Theme

Ryan Reynolds Wtf GIF

There were also half a dozen songs that didn't come up in any Google search. I'm pretty sure one of them is a Coasters song from the 1950s.

Ok, what's the minimum percentage of good vs. bad songs people are willing to endure to play in a cover band? I got an example set list from someone a couple of weeks ago and it went like this:

Dancing Days
The Ocean

I love Zeppelin, but not my favorite Zeppelin songs. Still doable.

Comfortably Numb
Money

I feel like Comfortably Numb is a really hard song to pull off without it being an absolute drag. Money is fine, probably fun to play.

Children of the Grave

Hey, some Sabbath!

Badge

Confused Little Girl GIF

Hawaii Five-O Theme
Peter Gunn Theme
Munsters Theme

Ryan Reynolds Wtf GIF

There were also half a dozen songs that didn't come up in any Google search. I'm pretty sure one of them is a Coasters song from the 1950s.
It's really hard sometimes to determine what people in these confusingly variety cover bands are trying to accomplish.

My biggest issue with cover bands is that you have to play what the people in the venue want to hear or you don't draw a crowd. That leads to many of the bands playing the same tired old songs that are many years old. I took a different approach with a couple of my bands. Once people from other bands started stopping in to see us and friends of theirs started talking to them, everyone started playing the same songs we were playing so they could play something different that still drew a crowd. You have to constantly be churning new songs in and old ones out to stay on top of the heap. Everyone will copy what you are doing.

Back