What Did You Do With Your Guitar(s) Today?

IMG_20240309_113426.jpg
Quick shot for @gearJunkie this morning... Gotta a "Sugar, Sugar" cover session planned tonight with my Hamer DC

BMsGKaLt_o.jpg

I am jumping up to some Pure Nickels on the Telecaster, and going from the
stock .009 to .042s to .010 to .046s. :unsure:

It doesn't need it, and I may not like it. But fuck all if I am not a curious son of a bitch.
Often to my own detriment and wasted efforts. :LOL:

I also plan on NOT leaving the house at all today. So don't be calling my ass. :beer

I am jumping up to some Pure Nickels on the Telecaster, and going from the
stock .009 to .042s to .010 to .046s. :unsure:

It doesn't need it, and I may not like it. But fuck all if I am not a curious son of a bitch.
Often to my own detriment and wasted efforts. :LOL:

I also plan on NOT leaving the house at all today. So don't be calling my ass. :beer
You and me both, bruh. Well, not the tele part, but otherwise, 100 fuckin' %

Really enjoying the Duncan Distortion in my LTD M-1 Custom 87 series. Really reminds me of the Under Lock and Key/Back for the Attack/Wicked Sensation George Lynch tone.

Contemplating getting another M-1 Custom 87 series and two Kramer Nightswans for a bit rounder tone (due to the scale length and JB).

Been so pleased with my Ibanez was nearly perfect only thing was the Nut, while its very well cut, it was not fitted right, it was protruding from the sides and this while not affecting playability whatsoever it was still bothering me
So took out my mini files and filed down the sides and rounded the the top and sides
Now the Nut won't bother
me anymore lol

:guiness

Last edited:
Been so pleased with my Ibanez was nearly perfect only thing was the Nut, while its very well cut, it was not fitted right, it was protruding from sides and this while not affecting playability whatsoever it was still bothering me
So took out my mini files and filed down the sides and rounded the the top and sides
Now the Nut won't bother
me anymore lol

:guiness
It's bothering me now :cool:

:sofa

I played my purple Ltd M-1 Custom 87 series (named Jesus after Jesus Quintana from The Big Lebowski). The Duncan Distortion + EMG PA-2 combination sounds great.

I've ordered a second M-1 Custom (in gold; may get a blue one for D standard), some FU Tone stuff (big blocks, springs, EVH D-Tunas, Tremol-Nos), Skyscraper Pick Pocket intonation tool, and some Floyd Rose nut shims.

Anyone know if the "shim" between the Floyd and the block is "tone sucking" like the Adam from FU Tone says?

I'm also getting an empty cab for my G12-H30 Heritage 75hz speakers.

Cleaned and polished up my Les Paul Traditional. Frets cleaned and lemon oil on the fretboard. New set of 10's. Checked intonation. Swapped the currently fitted gold top hat knobs for the original speed knobs. Looks so much better now.
Will give my LP Doublecut the once over tomorrow.

Yesterday, I played my Ltd M-1 Custom 87 Series in gold (which I call Goldust, Golden Eye, Golden Gun, and Goldfinger just to make my girlfriend Crack up).

I found a cover band that looks like it’d be fun to play in, mostly hard rock/metal from the last 30 years, Three Doors Down to Slipknot :rofl The other guitarist just told me to look at their setlist and learn some songs from it so the last two nights I’ve been learning stuff I’ve heard a million times but never played.

Some of it’s fun, the Slipknot stuff has been more challenging than I thought it’d be, particularly “Duality”, but stuff like Chevelle’s “Send the Pain Below” is a bit of a bore fest for guitar players.

Bonus, the guitarist is a Fractal guy and plays an Ibanez Universe, before I even talked band stuff with him I sent him a “Me too!” pic :ROFLMAO:

I found a cover band that looks like it’d be fun to play in, mostly hard rock/metal from the last 30 years, Three Doors Down to Slipknot :rofl The other guitarist just told me to look at their setlist and learn some songs from it so the last two nights I’ve been learning stuff I’ve heard a million times but never played.

Some of it’s fun, the Slipknot stuff has been more challenging than I thought it’d be, particularly “Duality”, but stuff like Chevelle’s “Send the Pain Below” is a bit of a bore fest for guitar players.

Bonus, the guitarist is a Fractal guy and plays an Ibanez Universe, before I even talked band stuff with him I sent him a “Me too!” pic :ROFLMAO:
Duality pinch harmonic consistency is TOUGH. Also that run down repeating verse riff is oddball af.

but stuff like Chevelle’s “Send the Pain Below” is a bit of a bore fest for guitar players.

I wish that song wasn’t part of the cover band starter pack. The cover band I filled in for on bass played that and I’d like to at least partially blame that song for me vowing to never do the cover band thing again. :ROFLMAO: I tried like hell to have them change it up to something like The Clincher every once in a while but the pull of this song is too powerful, MUCH LIKE SUFFOCATING

Angry Fuck Me GIF

I wish that song wasn’t part of the cover band starter pack. The cover band I filled in for on bass played that and I’d like to at least partially blame that song for me vowing to never do the cover band thing again. :ROFLMAO: I tried like hell to have them change it up to something like The Clincher every once in a while but the pull of this song is too powerful, MUCH LIKE SUFFOCATING

Angry Fuck Me GIF

It just fucking drags. I dig a lot of Chevelle, just not that damn song. I’m just going to amuse myself singing “much like defecating” every time I have to play it.

THIS would be a blast to cover, but I don’t think it was one of their bigger tunes-

Duality pinch harmonic consistency is TOUGH. Also that run down repeating verse riff is oddball af.

100%!

At first I was trying to figure out exactly how many times each note was being picked in that verse riff, it varies between 2 and 3x per note, eventually I just said “Fuck this, no one can fucking tell” :rofl

There’s also a riff coming out of the bridge into the last chorus that’s a straight up trem picked death metal lick that’s the hardest thing in the song to play tight.

I think what surprised me the most, learning Root’s part, was that they’re all parts you’d expect a guitarist to play if he was the only guitarist in the band. That one song made me appreciate how they work together quite a bit more.

Back