What Did You Do With Your Guitar(s) Today?

Cover bands are a tough time in a lot of ways. Good luck in figuring out how you want to judge the merit of a song selection. "Is it a dancer?" Well, no. But it's a Napalm Death tribute so none of them are dancers :wat :ROFLMAO:

I’m not even giving much of a shit about the songs, there’s 3 Doors Down in the setlist, I CAN’T. :rofl

My entire reason for doing this is to play through a cranked up amp and to get on some stages in some dive bars. I’m sure after the first year I’ll have all kinds of issues I’m navigating away from, it’s been 7 years since my last band and long enough to not remember all the BS. :ROFLMAO:

I’m not even giving much of a shit about the songs, there’s 3 Doors Down in the setlist, I CAN’T. :rofl

My entire reason for doing this is to play through a cranked up amp and to get on some stages in some dive bars. I’m sure after the first year I’ll have all kinds of issues I’m navigating away from, it’s been 7 years since my last band and long enough to not remember all the BS. :ROFLMAO:
The memories will come back really fast.

The last band I was in was with a bunch of musician friends that I have never been in a band with. We all used to show up at each other's gigs and do guest appearance and drink a few beers. We always get each other up to play a few songs and have fun with it. Things started off pretty good but I quickly saw a side of all of them that I had not seen before. They were hard to work with jerks.

I probably know the most about music theory in the group. They would start talking about new songs at our weekly practice then start trying to figure them out. That never works as a group. I just went with it for a while. I had to keep chiming in and correcting them on what the chord progressions were and telling them that in the key the song is in this chord is a minor, not a major. Then they try it and say, that sounds much better. Then in the next few minutes they tell me I have something wrong and I have to prove it is right by playing it for them. Never again.

I found out that they were pretty jerky with getting things set up and tore down. I purposely didn't offer to bring any of my PA gear to the gigs. I knew where that would go and I am not hauling all that gear at this point. I brought everything I needed for myself. I would also be the guy to walk out and then make adjustments to the mixer. People started noticing the band sounded a lot better with my added playing parts and mix changes.

Some of the things that were said at practice and at gigs were pretty harsh. I couldn't believe this was the same group of guys that I had been friends with for a good while. This was the fist band we were all together in. I had seen some very small signs of some of these things in the past but I knew the back story on them and knew that the person they got snippy with had butted heads with them and that was what was driving it. When I got in a band with them this stuff just started happening with nothing driving it. I don't know if they were so used to doing that and I had not seen it that they just kept doing it. They had some issues with the guy I replaced in the band and I think I was taking some of his beating even though he was gone and things were sounding much better. I finally had to drop from the band. I was getting busy with work and getting tired of the atmosphere in the band so it just made sense to put an end to it. They have had infighting since I left. They tried to replace me and that guy didn't stick with it. I have the feeling I know why.

I guess I need to go back to how I used to do things before that band. It was much more relaxed and the gigs were much more fun. The things that seem small in the beginning become big over time.

The memories will come back really fast.

The last band I was in was with a bunch of musician friends that I have never been in a band with. We all used to show up at each other's gigs and do guest appearance and drink a few beers. We always get each other up to play a few songs and have fun with it. Things started off pretty good but I quickly saw a side of all of them that I had not seen before. They were hard to work with jerks.

I probably know the most about music theory in the group. They would start talking about new songs at our weekly practice then start trying to figure them out. That never works as a group. I just went with it for a while. I had to keep chiming in and correcting them on what the chord progressions were and telling them that in the key the song is in this chord is a minor, not a major. Then they try it and say, that sounds much better. Then in the next few minutes they tell me I have something wrong and I have to prove it is right by playing it for them. Never again.

I found out that they were pretty jerky with getting things set up and tore down. I purposely didn't offer to bring any of my PA gear to the gigs. I knew where that would go and I am not hauling all that gear at this point. I brought everything I needed for myself. I would also be the guy to walk out and then make adjustments to the mixer. People started noticing the band sounded a lot better with my added playing parts and mix changes.

Some of the things that were said at practice and at gigs were pretty harsh. I couldn't believe this was the same group of guys that I had been friends with for a good while. This was the fist band we were all together in. I had seen some very small signs of some of these things in the past but I knew the back story on them and knew that the person they got snippy with had butted heads with them and that was what was driving it. When I got in a band with them this stuff just started happening with nothing driving it. I don't know if they were so used to doing that and I had not seen it that they just kept doing it. They had some issues with the guy I replaced in the band and I think I was taking some of his beating even though he was gone and things were sounding much better. I finally had to drop from the band. I was getting busy with work and getting tired of the atmosphere in the band so it just made sense to put an end to it. They have had infighting since I left. They tried to replace me and that guy didn't stick with it. I have the feeling I know why.

I guess I need to go back to how I used to do things before that band. It was much more relaxed and the gigs were much more fun. The things that seem small in the beginning become big over time.

I’m fortunate in that I’m only doing this because I miss doing it, it’s not out of any need for my creative side, that’s all taken care of by myself and far more efficiently than I ever could in a band situation. The second any BS pops up, I’m out. I simply don’t need the BS or the band enough to deal with it.

No different than being in a relationship, I know my worth as a player and what I’ll bring to the table, I take my ball and go home when things get stupid. They either get ‘goofy dude always in a good mood who will play every set/practice at about 95% and doesn’t give a shit about money or what songs are’ or nothin’ at all. I think that’s a fair deal! :rofl

It just fucking drags. I dig a lot of Chevelle, just not that damn song. I’m just going to amuse myself singing “much like defecating” every time I have to play it.

THIS would be a blast to cover, but I don’t think it was one of their bigger tunes-

YAS, this would be great. Forfeit was another I thought would be a cool one to cover. They have a bunch of good songs, and more than a handful that are semi-recognizable-for-casuals, but it’s always Send The Pain Below argh…..

Pack that list full of WWF entrance music
:rollsafe
Not Limp Bizkit and Godsmack?

Confused Little Girl GIF

Vol 3 just annoyed me. "Why the fuck weren't they playing like this on the prior two albums!?" I'm not certain they ever played like that since, either.

Vol 3 just annoyed me. "Why the fuck weren't they playing like this on the prior two albums!?" I'm not certain they ever played like that since, either.

That album is pretty much the split between 'old' aggressive Slipknot and 'we like production' Slipknot. IMO, they did more impressive guitar work after Vol 3, but the aggressive aspects/raw production weren't there anymore and I certainly think that lead to a lot of their fans hearing it all as watered down or not as impressive.

That album is pretty much the split between 'old' aggressive Slipknot and 'we like production' Slipknot. IMO, they did more impressive guitar work after Vol 3, but the aggressive aspects/raw production weren't there anymore and I certainly think that lead to a lot of their fans hearing it all as watered down or not as impressive.
I'm referring mainly to the soloing, which for the most part, is fucking great. Ross Robinson or whomever made it so that Head, Jim and Mick didn't solo should be punched in the junk. My friend met Korn when they played my rinky dink town and recorded the show. I wish I still had it. Anyways, Head plays leads at some parts between songs. When I realized he could do more than just rhythm, I was pissed. Then I found out they were big Vai fans.

I'm referring mainly to the soloing, which for the most part, is fucking great. Ross Robinson or whomever made it so that Head, Jim and Mick didn't solo should be punched in the junk. My friend met Korn when they played my rinky dink town and recorded the show. I wish I still had it. Anyways, Head plays leads at some parts between songs. When I realized he could do more than just rhythm, I was pissed. Then I found out they were big Vai fans.

I can’t say I’ve ever heard a Korn song and thought “Man, I wish there was a solo in this” I can’t think of any type of solo’ing that would actually work in their music without sounding like it were shoved in there. There’s absolutely nothing conventional about those Robinson albums, I can barely tolerate them for the production if it weren’t for the nostalgia.

I can’t say I’ve ever heard a Korn song and thought “Man, I wish there was a solo in this” I can’t think of any type of solo’ing that would actually work in their music without sounding like it were shoved in there. There’s absolutely nothing conventional about those Robinson albums, I can barely tolerate them for the production if it weren’t for the nostalgia.
John’s scatting is basically the “solo” in Korn songs. 😂

It just fucking drags. I dig a lot of Chevelle, just not that damn song. I’m just going to amuse myself singing “much like defecating” every time I have to play it.

THIS would be a blast to cover, but I don’t think it was one of their bigger tunes-

Haha! Oh man.... we've done so much Chevelle.... mostly because it is in the singer's wheelhouse. :idk

Take Out The Gunman, and Jars, are both pretty cool. But that mid-tempo, plodding shit
never goes over. Ever! Which is why we've ditched more than a few we have learned in the
past. I am talking about you ".... seeing Red... again." :facepalm

Haha! Oh man.... we've done so much Chevelle.... mostly because it is in the singer's wheelhouse. :idk

Take Out The Gunman, and Jars, are both pretty cool. But that mid-tempo, plodding shit
never goes over. Ever! Which is why we've ditched more than a few we have learned in the
past. I am talking about you ".... seeing Red... again." :facepalm

I’ve still yet to be in a dive bar and had that ‘magical, sensitive moment’ during a cover band’s slow song. :rofl

Back